Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratitude

I leave for California later today and not sure when I'll be posting again, so in honor of Thanksgiving I wanted to express gratitude for a few things:

1) My testimony of The Gospel of Jesus Christ--In a world so full of turmoil, it is wonderful to know that I am a daughter of God, that I can communicate with Him WHENEVER I need to, and that He hears and answers prayers. I so appreciate the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

2) My family--I love my husband and appreciate the blessing it is to be his wife and a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. By the way, for those who commented that I cannot be old enough to have a 20 year old grandson, thank you.

3) Our Primary program on Sunday--children are wonderful and bring so much joy to the world. My hubby was visiting our Ward on Sunday, and it was so wonderful to sit together--especially since we won't see each other for a week.

4) Our beautiful world--I look around and am so amazed by its beauty and variety. I'm so enjoying the weather--I know the really cold weather and the snow are coming, but it sure has been a grand November.

5) Talent--There are so many incredibly talented people who are willing to share their gifts with the rest of us.

6) Good health--Knock on wood. I'm so grateful that this old bod continues to let me to do so much. This time of year I always think of my folks and how much of life they didn't get to enjoy because they died so young--but it just wants me want to live each and every day to the fullest.

7) Technology--I will be able to communicate with my hubby while I'm gone via my computer, my cell phone, and I'll be able to capture all my fun times on camera. My Tivo will make sure I get to see whoever wins the "mirror ball" on DWTS ; ) I'll have my iPod with me while I run in the Turkey Trot on Thursday, so I will have those songs playing that help keep me movin.

8) Good friends--I'm so grateful for all of my friends. I have been truly blessed to have such wonderful examples. For all of my blogging friends, thanks.

9) Laughter--It truly is the BEST MEDICINE. When Neal and Macy did one of these "Elf Yourself" things and then my grandson, Chris and his wife, Heather, did one, I couldn't resist. They didn't have one to include all the kids and everyone else, so I just did one with the 5 of us Have a good laugh--at our expense ; ).
Send your own ElfYourself eCards



I know it's this is early but HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my fellow Americans. Enjoy the day.


14 comments:

Valerie said...

Have an amazing trip and a teriffic Thanksgiving!! Take lots of photos and eat lots of turkey! Good luck on your 5k too!

Valerie said...

P.S. It's so good seeing a family having fun in Santa's Workshop! You've got some smooth dance moves!

Carrot Jello said...

Have fun, and Happy Thanksgiving!

The Garden of Egan said...

Have a blast! Soak up the sun.
Loved the things you were grateful for.
Love your blog.

Tauna

ShEiLa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Yvonne. Be safe in your travels.

I love elf'ing my family...
don't you?

ToOdLeS.

Macy said...

Have a safe trip! Give everyone a hug!

Sharon said...

Love the Christmas video, had to try it, loved it! Raymond and I in Hip Hop, I'll have to send it to ya! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Connie said...

You make a darling elf! Have so much fun with your family. Your gratitude list is mine also!
Enjoy your 5k. My 5K will be running in to Wal-Mart at 5:00 in the morning to get a digital camera for my daughter! Hope there's no bloodshed!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Lei said...

Thanks for your list, the reminder of all that is great and lovely. Happy TGiving to you and yours!

mindyluwho said...

Isn't it amazing all the awesome technology we have! I always think about the early pioneers who left family and knew they would never see them again. I am so very thankful to live in this crazy, busy day and age!

So you're coming to beautiful California? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Heffalump said...

Have a great Trip!

Natalie said...

Your gratitude list is mine too.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We will be having our district missionaries plus the 2 from Kortrijk with us, but on friday because today is a reg. day here and we have institute tonight.
Hugs.

Nancy Face said...

So many wonderful things to be grateful for! :)

Cherie said...

I put the blog away for the holiday so I am catching up!
I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I love the family picture here and the Jib Jab video - those are so funny!!