- As I get older and I look in the mirror, I know it is time to readjust the wardrobe. There has never been a time in my life when I would wear the fashions shown on the runways of Paris--not only could I not afford them, but I have never had a body that would allow me to wear them--frankly most of them are a little too immodest for me anyway; ) As I get older, I know there is no way I could pull off some of the cute fashion trends out there--they look GREAT on others, but not me--and that is OK. I just wonder--how old is too old for jeans?
- I also know that each and every year that goes by our family dynamics change. It feels like geographically we are further and further away from the kids/grandkids, so I need to work harder at trying to stay in contact. E-mail, family websites, facebook, blogging, texting all make it easier, but I miss seeing them and talking to them . Some I get to talk to often, some not so often. I love to hear what's going on in their lives. I'm struggling at not having as much time with them as I'd like. (I had a great idea for my 60th birthday year--I'll never run a marathon or a half-marathon, but maybe I'll run a half-marathon of 5K's and go visit them all. Doesn't that sound like fun 13 5K's all over the States, throughout the year 2011--better really save those miles ; )
- In spite of all the running I have not lost any weight. I think the problem is I keep thinking, "Oh, I ran this morning so I can have that cookie" or lets be hones, I usually say and eat "THOSE COOKIES". So I guess it's time I readjust my eating. Long gone are the days when the weight came off easily.
- I'm not the same girl I was when the Beatles gained popularity in the 60's, so as I think about going to see New Moon, and as much as I would like to go to the midnight showing, I know I will not be screaming "Edward, Edward" throughout the movie ; ) I was one of the girls many, many years ago screaming "Paul, Paul". Frankly, when I go to see New Moon I would like to hear the dialogue, so I'll probably go the next day. Goodness I sound like an old lady, but I guess, as they say, if the shoe fits...
- I love to go Christmas shopping, but it just wasn't as much fun yesterday when I went out. We send checks to the kids and grandkids, with the exception of those who are not married--they come home and so I shop for them. But when I was out today and went by Toys R Us, I missed it so much. I used to LOVE going in there and do a lot of shopping.
- Now, to get a little serious. When Allan begins his new job, we will have some readjusting to do. Now, if you are ready for a good laugh, you have to know that right after he signed the papers, I turned to him and said, "What am I going to do now that you are not going to be home all day." He laughed saying I have been waiting and waiting for him to get a job. This job will be different than anything he has had in many years. He has always travelled, and I have never had a problem with it, but I've never been HOME ALONE night after night. I do know it will be okay. There are some other changes this job will bring, but we will adjust because it is GREAT that he has a job.
SIDENOTE: Connie is hosting several giveaways on her blog. Go here to check it out. There is some great stuff so go look.