Friday, November 20, 2009

Some Fun Things

Today has been a FANTASTIC DAY. I woke up this morning and was counting the hours--no, not until I would get to see New Moon at noon (which I enjoyed so much better than Twilight), but waiting for the time when I get to pick up my sweet hubby from the airport. Edward--not the movie one, but the one in my head--is great, Jacob is a cutie, but I'll take MY ALLAN any day. He's been gone before--in fact, back in 2007, he and Kyle went on a Scout outing for 9 days and I was home alone, but for some reason, this seemed longer. Maybe because he's been home all day for the past year and a half. He's home for a couple of days and I'm lovin it ; )

Now, a couple of people have asked about The Journey To Bethlehem advent calendar from my previous post. I will try and scan the instructions and put them in a PDF file. If you would like them, e-mail me your e-mail address and I will get them to you.

Also, I did find a little demo of the paper purses here. Sorry, it's a little long--the tutorial really doesn't start until about 4 minutes. By the way, we didn't do the inside thing--and I think it looks fine.



Sidenote #1: Be sure and go here and vote for amber--crazy bloggin' canuck to become a blogger at the Vancouver Olympics.

Sidenote #2: Tomorrow is another birthday in our family. My grandson, Josh, will be celebrating his 20th birthday.



18 comments:

The Garden of Egan said...

Glad you are together! Sounds like you have a great week coming up. Happy Birthday Josh.........
Yvonne, you are NOT old enough to have a 20 year old grandson!

txmommy said...

you and Allan are so cute together! glad he's back :)

Tonya said...

So glad your hubby is home safe and sound.

Melissa said...

I'm glad Allan is home! My husband comes home today from a trip. Can't wait! I just don't sleep when he's gone!!
And I'd love the pdf file...

JustRandi said...

Yay for husbands being home!!
Kevin just got back in town, but he was only gone for 3 nights.

Everything's better when things are as they should be!

Natalie said...

So glad that Allan is home. It's hard when they're gone.

Heidi said...

Yeah---the Edward in my head is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better!!!! Sure, Edward is amazing, but I AGREE---I WILL ALWAYS WANT THE LOVE OF MY LIFE FIRST OVER ANYONE:)

Ambrosia said...

Yay! I hate it when my husband is gone! I love getting to see him when he returns!

Corrine said...

glad you got your honey back! i bet its a bag of mixed emotions getting the job and having had him around for so much before.

PJ said...

Yay for Fantastic days! And your hubby coming home! And for enjoying New Moon...I sure did!

Amber said...

Wow, you're so sweet. Thank you thank you thank you for the unexpected mention. Even if I don't get voted to the Olympics, I am so touched by all the support!

Heffalump said...

I'm glad you have your hubby back, at least until you are off on your own trip!
I'm looking forward to learning how to make the Bethlehem Advent!

Tori said...

Awww... cutest couple ever!!!

Small House said...

Did you say grandson??? Turning 20???? You don't look old enough to have a 20 year old grandson!!

Glad your husband is home. It gets old when they have to be away for so long.
Have a good day.
Sandra

Doran & Jody said...

I hate it when my best friend goes out of town!!

Please send me the advent 'dis'tructions! You have my e-mail from this comment.

Thanks

Klin said...

I'll take my Allen over Edward or Jacob any day, too. He is warm like Jacob so I frequently call him my Jacob and he knows that I am cold again. ;)

brown paper packages said...

So glad Allan is home with you!!!

And I agree...the Edward in my head is much better than the Edward in the movie!

mindyluwho said...

I always sleep much better when my husband is home. Have a great time together!