Thursday, November 12, 2009

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

The other day Cherie issued a challenge--and I always LOVE a challenge--to do a post about our favorite things.

I decided if I was the "O" who always does a special show on her favorite things, these are the things I would include. (By the way, my favorites are really my hubby, kids, and grandkids, and, of course, my friends, but I wouldn't want to give any of them away) Regarding #1, I might even be able to afford to give those away:

1) M&M's--Everyone would get a bag or two--and it might even be one of those BIG bags. (Hey, I don't have O's budget ; )

2) My favorite book--The Book of Mormon. I would just LOVE to give EVERYONE a copy of this book. It is a book I love reading over and over. Go here, and click on the link on her sidebar to get a free copy. (And while you're there, read--she is GREAT and is one of my favorite blogs..

3) My MacBook Pro--this is the one I got when Kyle called to say his computer crashed and we thought we had to replace his. I have been a Mac lover since I got my first over 20 years ago. I don't think I could handle a PC. I would love all my kids to have one so I could iChat with them all.

4) iPod--I'm sure most of you have an iPod. Having mine with me when I go out running or walking is GREAT. I love it. However, I certainly wouldn't force anyone to listen to my playlist. I love that we can put on anything we want--talks, books, music. I had to laugh Wednesday when I was near the end of a 50 minute run and "Don't Fear the Reaper" came on--how appropriate because at that moment I was worried about "the reaper" ; )

5) My camera--No, I don't have an SLR camera, but I LOVE mine and LOVE taking pictures.

6) My cell phone--Again, not a real fancy one, but it lets me text my kids and grandkids and keep in touch. I probably wouldn't need to give away cell phones because most people have them.

7) 24--I would give everyone at least one season of 24. I'm so looking forward to having Jack back in January. I still laugh when I think of when justrandi had as her status on FB about her hubby "leaning over and whispering those 3 little words she loves to hear "Previously on 24"..."

8) My jacquzzi tub--I love my tub. After a long run or a tough day, a good soak does this old bod good.

How about you--what are your favorite things????

20 comments:

JustRandi said...

LOL!

I agree. Everyone should have at least one season of 24.
And I love every one of your favorite things! Except I guess I would have to substitute Netbook for Macbook.
But GREAT list!!

Corrine said...

i'll take some mandms:) ok guess i should say m &ms :) they are my favorites too. i remember randi's status too!

i think one of my favorites lately was reading the book twenties girl...loved it...and I love my old navy pj pants!

The Garden of Egan said...

I have never seen 24, but I think I might have to look into it now! Great, something else to keep me from doing Christmas Cards or scriptures.

ShEiLa said...

I love m&m's too.
I like mine with nuts though... almonds, peanuts... it is the crunch witht the chocolate.

I have an MP3 player... I rarely use.

I love my camera!

I think I could use a jetted tub about now... my pain meds are wearing off and I am achy again.

ToOdLeS.

Cherie said...

I love your favorite things. Some are my favorite things too - Like M &M's, The Book of Mormon, Camera and Cell phone - love texting my kids too :D

Someone needs to explain to me the difference between a PC and a Mac - I have no clue why one is better than the other. I just realized that. I have never seen 24 but I have heard of it - I will have to watch it now.

Thanks for meeting the challenge Yvonne - You rock!!!

Heidi said...

Ok---I definitely would love doing the giving Books of Mormon away:) That would be awesome!!! Talk about ultimate missionary work;p I think I would give away gift certificates to TCBY;)
Sorry mom---can't handle Macs!!!!

Ambrosia said...

Shortbread cookies would be on my list ; )

Melissa said...

I just bought a new mug at Kohl's... I'm actually planning a blog post around it because every time I look at it I smile! It's one of those tall ones and it has SOCK MONKEYS on it!! I'm smiling just thinking about it ;)

Heffalump said...

I love M&Ms. Peanut butter are my favorites.
I don't have an I-Pod. My MP3 player which was a knock off brand went kaput a while ago.
Other Favorites are Tillamook Ice Cream and I would give away copies of The Real Group on CD. They are my favorite music group and not very many people have heard of them since they are from Sweden.
You know I like my camera as well.

Great list!

mindyluwho said...

Anything with caramel and chocolate.
A nice hot bath.
Roses.

Suzanne said...

This is a wonderful post, Yvonne! The fact you were using a Mac so long ago makes you super cool. Aren't gadgets so much fun? I love reading Nienie too. :)

My favorite things are roses (duh! ;), warm breads from the oven, ability to watch t.v. on the computer to pause, my digital camera and eating out at restaurants.

Natalie said...

What a great post. Love your favorite things.
I agree with lots of yours; m&ms, Book of Mormon and others. I will try to post mine tomorrow.

Connie said...

I'm with you on the first thing...just add a peanut in the middle and I'm all yours!

aubrey said...

i love m&ms, especially peanut butter m&ms. i love kissing mabel's chubby baby neck. i love watching my kids sleep. i love the light hanging above my kitchen table. i love my backyard. i love paul folding the laundry.

Liam's Mom said...

What a fun idea for a post! So many good things!

Tonya said...

Great list of favorites.

I've never had a Mac and I'm afraid of them.

Now is this like Oprah and we get to have all these things..lol

Valerie said...

My sis and I went into the Apple Store while we were in Denver and I stopped, paused, and looked lovingly at the Macbooks. One day, hopefully, I will have enough cash in the savings account that I can go buy one. Until then, I'm stuck with my virus riddled PC.
*heavy sigh* Better start watching Jack with my big bag of MnM's!

Nancy Face said...

Reading the Book of Mormon while munching on M&M's would be the perfect activity for me! :D

Whitney Johnson said...

I love my ipod too, SYTYCD, Project Runway, having lunch with my friends, and blogging -- and and your son and daughter-in-law!

Tori said...

JACK!!!!!!! Oh Yvonne you just gave me a great idea for Sei's gift!!! ;)