Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Memories--Part III

I'm loving doing this. I have a Christmas scrapbook which is way behind--this is going to help me get it all caught up. Firstoff, one of my favorite pictures--Christmas 1993. We went up to Boreal after we moved back to Reno. Still hard for me to believe these kids are all grown up.

I'm going to cover Christmas 1989 - 1995

1989 we moved to Charlotte--the first time I ever lived outside of California. It was our first experience with luminaries, but I never got a picture. Although we were in the Ward only a year, we met some great people. It was our first "breakfast with Santa" experience. We invited a young couple who was away from their family to join us for Christmas dinner.

















As always, Santa brought pajamas for the kids.


















1990- 1992 we were in the Toronto area. That first Christmas there was so fun--Allan's sisters, Gerry and Bev and Bev's husband, Homer, came to visit. We had a ball. I remember we thought it was so cold--hah!!!! I can't figure out why the garland just stops on the railing--maybe I'll just blame it on my being pregnant ; )


















Heidi and Brent looked so cute.





















I look like I'm quite pregnant, but I'm only about 5 months.






















Kyle joined us in April, so Christmas 91 included a baby again. Don't you just love Kyle's little cap ; )




















Want you to have a better look.























We were all so excited when Neal, Chris and Amanda came to visit. They arrived right after Christmas We had a blast. We had a conservation area right behind our backyard and the kids had a ball sledding.
















1992 we brought all the kids to Disneyworld. We drove and spent some time in Charlotte on our way down. We had a scary experience with Brent at our hotel. We were in the parking garage and as we were getting ready to put the cart with the luggage in the elevator, Brent had gotten into the elevator without us and the door closed. He went to a different floor, but we found him. Christmas Eve in our hotel in Charlotte..

















The kids all arrived the day after Christmas. All of them flew in, except Nancy and her gang--they drove. As always, we had to have a picture with all of us in our pajamas.














I love this pic of Nancy and Kyle.















1993--we were back in the USA. We left Toronto and visited the kids on the way to Reno. Had a couple of not very fun experiences. The first was outside of Nauvoo. My tooth was bothering me and when I woke up one morning the whole side of my face was swollen. Went to the dentist who referred me to an oral surgeon to have the tooth pulled--nothing like having a total stranger do surgery. I had to have a general anesthetic--before he gave me the anesthetic he asked me if I had any questions or wanted to say anything, I just said, "Please don't kill me." Not my most favorite memory. And the trip got even better--at the hotel in Denver, Kyle fell against a coffee table, and split his head open right above his eye. Allan had to call for a taxi to take he and Kyle to the emergency room to have stitches. We were so glad when we finally got to Reno.

Our stuff arrived in Reno and my FABULOUS sister in law, Bev, had a lot of stuff put away by the time we arrived. Even our Christmas tree was decorated.












New pajamas arrived. The biggest challenge for the kids was waiting for everyone to arrive before they opened their presents--but they didn't have to wait for anyone when their pajamas arrived.














1994-1995--we were in Auburn. We left Reno right after Thanksgiving. I loved our house. Wendy and Tony came down from Reno and spent Christmas with us.
















After Wendy and Tony headed for home, we left for my sister, Carols, for Christmas dinner. It was having Christmas dinner with my family again.














Neal and the kids came up right after Christmas.















We exchanged gifts.

















A little too cold to get in the pool, but the kids loved being in the hot tub.















1995--we knew we would be moving to Winnipeg in February, so this would be our last Christmas in Auburn. Neal came up on Saturday and we were able to go to Church together on Sunday and then we had soup together. They left before it got too late.








































After opening gifts, we decided to head up to Reno to spend Christmas with Allan's folks.



















Neal and the kids came back up after Christmas. As always, everyone had a ball together.


















These kids have spent a lot of time together--this is a pic I love.































Daphne and Stephen had gone down to the Beay Area to spend time with Daphne's mom. We did spend New Years together. Kyle and Kiah are 6 months apart and I love seeing them together.









10 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I love the Christmas nightshirts/jammies. Too cute. I also noticed that in some photos you got wise and put on some sweats underneath to keep those legs warm. I loved one of the photos in the other post where Alan has his white socks to his knees... I assume trying to accomplish the same outcome. :)

Christmas is such a fun family time. Oh the memories.

I left the answer to your question on my blog... but yesterday it was in the low 60's. Our high today is forecast to be 63*.

Merry Christmas Yvonne! and your family too!!

ToOdLeS.

The Garden of Egan said...

That was so darling! I love the Christmas memories. Cute jammies. Wow, the awesome places you've seen!
Love it.

Heffalump said...

Christmas PJs are always fun.
I love that you know what year each picture is from. I think I might be fuzzy on some of our Christmas Pasts...

Neal said...

Love it!!

Sheri said...

Love it!! Look how happy everyone is!! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!!

Natalie said...

I love your memories. I fell like I know you so much better.
Love the jammies. Such a great tradition. We have done that too.

I can't believe how fast the kids grow up and then they're gone. Guess I'm feeling it a bit more right now.

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

Valerie said...

Aren't cameras the most wonderful invention? They are so great to keep our memories alive!
You're wonderful for posting these! It's fun for those of us who don't know you very well, but I'm sure your family LOVES seeing the pictures and remembering the moments with you!

Connie said...

What a staircase! No wonder the garland stopped. You were probably worn out just thinking about putting it all the way to the top!

Great memories! Everyone looks so cute!

Ambrosia said...

Ooo! Christmas jammies are a wonderful idea!

What a perfect way to document Christmas! I love hearing about you and your sweet family!

mindyluwho said...

I'm feeling like I need to start scrapbooking again...

Merry Christmas!