Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Wrap-Up

My how time flies when you're having fun. I'm trying to get around to visit blogs, but please be patient with me.

I think this is the longest I have gone without posting in a long, long time.

First of all--I'M HAVING A BALL with my family. We've been carolling

and then we had soup and rolls when we got back.

We had the missionaries over for dinner Christmas Eve. What a special evening it was--we had a blast. We moved furniture and had plenty of room. They enjoyed being together so much.

































































Of course, we had fun with the Christmas crackers






















And the gift exchange. The Canada scarves and hats were the big hits--I guess reminders of Canada are something all the missionaries love. It was fun to watch the little missionary who got the fruitcake try so hard to get someone to take it from him--no one wanted it ; )




















I think doing our dinner with the missionaries on Christmas Eve is so wonderful. I loved seeing the missionaries having such a great time together. Many of them commented on how nice it was to be together in a home--which is why we do it. I use real plates because I want it to be special for them. I appreciate their service and their examples so much. Thanks to those of you who have had missionaries serve--THEY ARE GREAT and we love them. We ended up with 44 instead of 46.

After the missionaries left, we got some of the mess cleaned up and waited for Santa. We all got new pajamas--sadly the nightshirts are GONE. I know Allan will really miss his ; )

Heidi got home the day after Christmas in the afternoon. It is wonderful to have her here.

We waited until she arrived to open our stockings.

We have gone to a couple of movies--Avatar and Sherlock Holmes. We still need to ride the train.

And, I received wonderful news that I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA AGAIN!!!!



19 comments:

aurora said...

Happy New Year!

ShEiLa said...

There is nothing better than a full house and being willing to share a family experience with those that are away from home for the holidays... you and Allan are awesome, genuine, thoughtful individuals. I sure love watching your life through your blog.

ToOdLeS.

Connie said...

Seeing all the missionaries made me tear up! What a blessing you are in their lives and what a blessing it is to have them in your beautiful, big home!
Love all the pictures! Glad you're having a ball with your family!

Carrot Jello said...

Congratulations!

Valerie said...

First of all: Congrats on the GREAT news!!! That is wonderful!

Looks like you have been having a wonderful time. I'm sure the missionaries loved coming to your house. You are an amazing person for doing so much for so many people!

mindyluwho said...

I love how you fed all the missionaries. How wonderful.

Happy New Year!

Sheri said...

Sounds and looks wonderful! What a special thing for you to do for the missionaries!! Happy New YEAr!

The Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like you gave a very Merry Christmas to a lot of missionaries! You a wonderful.
Congrats on getting a new grandchild in the works! Awesomeness!

Neal said...

I remember that rain...good luck, out in the cold!!!

Chantel said...

Sounds like you had a marvelous Christmas. Congratulations on another grandchild. That is very exciting.

Heffalump said...

Wahoo! Another Grandbaby!
I'm so glad you had a good Christmas!

Tonya said...

I'm so glad that you are having such a wonderful time. You guys are amazing. What a blessing you are to so many.

sweetpea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You always have such a great time with family and friends...

Happy New Year!!!

Small House said...

WOW...full house! It does a mom's heart good to see that the missionaries are taken care of. You are an angel!!

I'm doing a little catch up here. I'm with you...busy holiday!
Sandra

JustRandi said...

What a blast!
and congratulations!!

I have to say, though, I'm kinda sad about the nightshirts....
they were such a fun tradition!!

;) well, fun for me. I guess I'm not the one who was wearing them!

Gina said...

SO MUCH FUN! Love all the photos.

I still need to see those two movies. I hear they are both excellent.

Natalie said...

Congratulations on the great news. That is just wonderful.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you the best New Year.

Your missionary dinner and gathering looks awesome. What a great time! You are the best and it's so great that you had sooooo many missionaries over. I know they will always remember it and you.


I can't wait to meet you in person some day.

Love n' hugs.

txmommy said...

Happy New Year!
Love the new jammies! and all the handsome missionaries.

Heidi said...

LOVE the pic of you guys doing the "silly face" pic:) I kind of look like I am suited up to go to jail in the pic of when I am in the airport;p (how appropriate LOL!!!) I SURE LOVED BEING HOME:)