- Monday I was sitting at home and at about 1:45 the phone rang and it was my hairdresser. She said, "Yvonne, you had an appointment at 1:30." (Unfortunately, it was not the first time ; ( She was very accommodating and let me come at 3:30. I was so glad because the hair was really looking pretty shabby. I decided to cut my hair fairly short--I was about to resort to wearing a Santa Claus cap and now I think I'll be okay.
- Yesterday I was in a department store and bought quite a few items, so I was dumbfounded when after ringing everything up the clerk asked, "Would you like a bag?" I said, "WHAT?" I was thinking, of course, I don't really want to drop everything. She then added, "We charge you 5 cents for each bag. I thought YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. I was tempted, to say, never mind you can keep all of it, but it was Senior Discount day and I saved 10% on my order ; ) It wasn't going to be worth it for me to drive all the way home and get a bag and come back but I was so bugged. Maybe it was just a little reminiscent of my being charged for my bag when I flew--of course, that was a whole lot more than a nickel. It just made the idea of on-line shopping a whole lot more inviting.
- I then headed to Costco to pick up more of that Creme Brulee I mentioned in my last post. I walked around the whole refrigerated section and couldn't find it. I finally went to pay for everything I had loaded into my cart--for crying out loud we had just been there on Saturday ; ) I asked at the counter and fortunately one of the guys knew what I was talking about and went and got it, but I sure felt like an idiot.
- Today I went to Wal-Mart around 6:30 a.m. before my alarm went off. When I returned home around 8:00 a.m., I almost didn't come in the house because I could hear music and I knew I hadn't left anything on--finally I realized I hadn't turned my alarm off. (It's tough being old and forgetful ; )
- And because I really don't like when I do a post without any pictures, I'm going to include this one of Stephen, Drew, and me when I was visiting .
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Don't You Hate It When...
I really don't feel like going through my old posts checking to see if I've done a post like this before, but regardless, I'm doing another.
Sidenote: I enjoyed the Season Finale of Biggest Loser. I don't want to give anything away, but let me just say I was happy.