Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Don't You Hate It When...

I really don't feel like going through my old posts checking to see if I've done a post like this before, but regardless, I'm doing another.
  • Monday I was sitting at home and at about 1:45 the phone rang and it was my hairdresser. She said, "Yvonne, you had an appointment at 1:30." (Unfortunately, it was not the first time ; ( She was very accommodating and let me come at 3:30. I was so glad because the hair was really looking pretty shabby. I decided to cut my hair fairly short--I was about to resort to wearing a Santa Claus cap and now I think I'll be okay.
  • Yesterday I was in a department store and bought quite a few items, so I was dumbfounded when after ringing everything up the clerk asked, "Would you like a bag?" I said, "WHAT?" I was thinking, of course, I don't really want to drop everything. She then added, "We charge you 5 cents for each bag. I thought YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. I was tempted, to say, never mind you can keep all of it, but it was Senior Discount day and I saved 10% on my order ; ) It wasn't going to be worth it for me to drive all the way home and get a bag and come back but I was so bugged. Maybe it was just a little reminiscent of my being charged for my bag when I flew--of course, that was a whole lot more than a nickel. It just made the idea of on-line shopping a whole lot more inviting.
  • I then headed to Costco to pick up more of that Creme Brulee I mentioned in my last post. I walked around the whole refrigerated section and couldn't find it. I finally went to pay for everything I had loaded into my cart--for crying out loud we had just been there on Saturday ; ) I asked at the counter and fortunately one of the guys knew what I was talking about and went and got it, but I sure felt like an idiot.
  • Today I went to Wal-Mart around 6:30 a.m. before my alarm went off. When I returned home around 8:00 a.m., I almost didn't come in the house because I could hear music and I knew I hadn't left anything on--finally I realized I hadn't turned my alarm off. (It's tough being old and forgetful ; )
  • And because I really don't like when I do a post without any pictures, I'm going to include this one of Stephen, Drew, and me when I was visiting .
The weather here has been a tad cold--actually more than a tad cold--it's been freezing. I forgot what it's like to inhale through your nose and realize everything up your nose is FROZEN. For crying out loud, my granddaughter, is in Antarctica and it's warmer there.

Sidenote: I enjoyed the Season Finale of Biggest Loser. I don't want to give anything away, but let me just say I was happy.

18 comments:

Heffalump said...

I still have to wait another week to see the finale. The curse of only being able to watch online!
Thanks for not giving it away!

No pic of the haircut?

The Garden of Egan said...

I'm glad you were able to get a haircut!
Sorry about all the fooopawwwws of your shopping experiences. You really should just not shop!

I too am glad about the Biggest Loser. I'm sooooo glad that you know who didn't win the 100,000 prize. I couldn't stand her and she got WAY tooo thin looking, her face was all wrinkly.


Hope you have a great rest of the week!

carolyne b said...

I too hate to pay for bags for what I see as advertising for that store. I try and bring bags with me, but doesn't always work. When I lived in England back in the 80's paying for gocery bags is common.

Natalie said...

I hate forgetting something. Super annoying.

Here if you want a bag, you have to buy it. Everyone shops with their own bags. Took me a while to remember to take a bag or bags with me. Some people use plastic boxes with handles. Sometimes they or we just put the stuff in the trunk and then have to go into the house to get bags. Actually it's good for the environment.

Had to laugh about the alarm playing. So funny.

Cute picture of you with Stephen and Drew. Drew is soooo cute.

Ambrosia said...

I don't think forgetting things comes with "being old." I can't even count the things I have forgotten this week!

Perhaps it comes with being a mother?

Valerie said...

Wow! Walmart at 6:30 a.m? You're amazing! I bet you don't fight the crowds at that time of day!

Thankfully we're not to the point of buying bags here! I don't know what I'd do! I use those bags for trash bags!

Klin said...

Ikea charges for bags! If I forget mine there then I just carry it out.

Yay for getting the hair cut. I, too, or is it third, the ending of the Biggest Loser. totally thrilled about both winners and I second the sentiments of The Garden Of Egan on you know who.

I forget stuff all the time AND I do not get up before my alarm clock goes off. I want to be sleeping.

ShEiLa said...

Thank goodness it was just the alarm and not a stranger in your house.

My 'Don't you hate it when'?
I go shopping and can't remember where I parked when I come out.

ToOdLeS.

aurora said...

I can't believe that she ASKED you if you wanted a bag? And I really can't believe that they charge! wow.

Connie said...

Will it get any better? (please say yes) I'm going through the same thing. Don't you love Senior discount day? Being called a Senior at 55 is OK, when there's a discount. Too bad about the expensive bagging, though.
It's a tad cold here too, like 2 degrees right now! I think winter's here!
Have a great day!

txmommy said...

i can't believe they charged you for a bag!

Carrot Jello said...

That's funny about the alarm clock. I can imagine a random bunch of musicians breaking into houses looking for a place to play. ;)

chellie said...

You're so cute. :)

Annie said...

I saw the biggest loser results on facebook before I had a chance to watch it... but it was good!

Tis the season to forget stuff ;)

Tonya said...

I know we can't compete with your cold but it's been in the single digits around here and we are not used to that stuff. How do you do it?

I get more forgetful every day. Did I say that already?

PJ said...

WHAT? Charge for bags? O,no.

It's cold here, but no snow. I'd love a little snow!

I loved Biggest Loser this season:)

Tori said...

I was happy about the BL ending as well although Rebecca was a total spaz. lol

Sei's alarm was going off for 10 minutes the other day. He didn't hear it at all. So much for saving my life in the middle of the nite!

There's a couple of stores here that charge for bags as well. I need to remember to bring mine. The grocery store by our house actually PAYS YOU 5 cents for each bag you bring to use.

JustRandi said...

Oooo I hate when I do stuff like that!

I loved the finale of the BL too. I was kinda rooting for Rudy, though.