Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HAPPY DECEMBER

Back in Winnipeg--just in time for a little bit of snow. My time away went so fast--why is it that time even goes faster when you're on a trip???? It seems like only yesterday my plane landed in Sacramento--and I'm already back home.

I wrote about my first few days on my previous post. The rest of the trip went well. Everyone was tired on Friday--some of them had been out quite early shopping. We had an early dinner Friday. We had suishi at Mikuni. Stephen and Daphne picked out great rolls--I tried them all except the 911 one which was way too spicy for me. After suisi we headed over to Big Spoon for frozen yogurt with "ALL THE TOPPINGS".

Kyle went to a football game with B at the high school (where he saw his first (and hopefully LAST) streaker) and the rest of us watched "Forever Strong".

On Saturday, Stephen fixed a great breakfast of sausage, waffles with strawberries. It was yummy. Then the kids headed home--knowing I would see them in a few weeks made the goodbyes a whole lot easier ; )

Stephen and Daphne were busy getting the house decorated for Christmas. I had a fun time playing watching and playing baseball with Drew out in front of the house.

That night we went looking for a Christmas tree--finally having success.



















































I was tired on Sunday and was very happy Church didn't start until 12:30 ; ) When we came home we started decorating the tree. (Well, I put on a couple of ornaments ; )






































































































































After decorating the tree we had dinner and then played Apples to Apples--which is always good for a lot of laughs.

Monday I headed for home. Always hard to say goodbye especially when you don't know when you'll get together again. One of the fun things was to download some of their pictures. I laughed when I saw this one--such a cute little Pirate.

SIDENOTE: I didn't always have great internet access, so I'm still trying to visit blogs.

15 comments:

txmommy said...

sounds like a great trip, I hope you get to see everyone again soon.

Chantel said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

TexasBoy said...

SOunds like you had a fabulous time! I am glad!! My home internet is down right now, so I haven't been able to post or look to often! Can't wait to get back to blogging!!

Thorny Tree Lady said...

I just have to say that I love you and your family. I love how you love each other and like to be together! You're all a great example for us to follow! Glad you had such a great trip!

Cherie said...

That little guy in the picture with you while you are decorating the tree - LOVE HIS SMILE!! He is SO totally cute!!
Great pictures and wonderful family times.

P.S. We love apples to apples too - So fun!

The Garden of Egan said...

Looks like it was a great trip. CUTE family.
We played Apples to Apples too, funny game.

Hopefully you can get back into your routine.

Ambrosia said...

Your kids and grandkids are so beautiful!! "Time flies when you are having fun" right?

I am not brave enough to try sushi. Maybe you have inspired me.

Connie said...

Time does go by faster when you're enjoying yourself on a trip, especially when you're with family!
Looks like you had fun! Glad you got home safely.

ShEiLa said...

I don't like Sushi...
but I am seriously thinking that some of our favorite Chinese dishes would be great Christmas Eve.

What a fun time... I love the photos of decorating the tree.

Continued Happy Holidays Miss Yvonne and that you for being a careing and genuine person.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

What a wonderful, fun trip. Being with family is the best. It's so nice that you will be seeing some of them soon too.
Your family is so handsome and beautiful. Lucky you!

I love sushi. Can't wait to have some when we come home. Dh doesn't like it, so he will eat something else. He is really totally not fussy with food, but no go on a couple of things.

JustRandi said...

Sounds like a fun fun time!
Waffles - - mmmmmm!

Heffalump said...

Visiting family is always fun! And pics are great too!

Valerie said...

I'm glad you made it home safely and had such a great trip! I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's just about spending time with family and letting them know how much we appreciate them. Thanks for sharing the pics!

brown paper packages said...

What a wonderful trip! You always have such a great time with your family--it's really neat to read about all your adventures together!

Nancy Face said...

Kyle saw a streaker? EEEK!!!

Forever Strong is so good! I just bought a copy of it! :)