Saturday, December 19, 2009

Santa May Be Jolly, But Still

Over the years we've taken many trips to see Santa--we would usually go early enough that we didn't have to wait in line too long. Some of the experiences were good, some not so good. You never knew what it was going to be like, but it was always interesting when they were little and the tears would flow. I guess you just never know until you put them on his lap.

It almost looks like Heidi is enjoying the whole thing. (I really don't think I have one of her crying on Santa's lap--she just always liked him ; )














A few years later, Kyle wasn't very happy to be sitting there either.
















I always love when you find a Santa who looks like Santa--not like it's a part time after school job. Here are a few Santa pictures.

Chris and Amanda 1990.

























One of the last pictures of the 3 kids sitting with Santa--1993 right after we moved to Reno.





















However Kyle did continue to visit Santa--this was one of the last times.






















Many years ago, before this guy had 5 kids he loved going and sitting on Santa's lap.























Jason and Kiah sitting with Santa in 1992. (I know I have one of her crying the year before ; )

















Brandon with Santa--love the picture--not sure what year.




























And here's Stephen and Daphne's gang. When I was visiting them over Thanksgiving, they gave me this pic of the family from last Christmas. Better late than never.





































One of my favorite pictures from Christmas--even though it doesn't involve Santa is this picture of Kyle with his Grandpa. It was taken in 1992 when they came to visit us in Toronto. I wish you could see Kyle's little outfit--he had the cutest little knickers, cap and bow tie.





















I never got a picture of our little G-man sitting on Santa's lap, but one of my favorites has to be this pic of him when he was a shepherd in Macy's families' nativity pageant. Is he not the cutest little shepherd.




















SIDENOTE: The boys are home--life is good. We had a lovely afternoon and are now headed to a Missionary Farewell.

16 comments:

Neal said...

LOVE these pics!

Macy said...

So cute! I'd forgotten about that shepherd picture.

Natalie said...

I think the pictures are great. Absolutely love the little shepherd.
Have a wonderful time with the boys. How super that they are home for Christmas.

Amber said...

LOVE these. It inspires me to keep all my Santa photos in the same place so I can do a post like this several years from now. Fun to see the changing styles, too. :-)

JustRandi said...

Santa pictures are my favorites!
but that little shepherd does give them a run for their money!!

I'm so glad your family is home!!

The Garden of Egan said...

I have loved your Christmas memories! Wow how the years go by so fast.
Glad everyone is home.
Have a great Sabbath.

Heffalump said...

Cute pics!
My kids are deprived. They have only sat with Santa once or twice each. I'm okay with that though and I think they are too!

Chantel said...

What great pictures. My kids won't even go near Santa. For some reason they get really shy when we get clost to him.

mindyluwho said...

Cute pictures!

The best Santa I ever saw was at the place where we go to cut down our tree every year. He hasn't been there for the past 5+ years, but I swear that Santa was the real deal!

PJ said...

I can't convince Rachel any Santa we see is the real Santa. She always tells us why he can't be the real one. :D

Love the pics!!

Sheri said...

Great pics of Santa... no wonder kids have a hard time believing... they all look so different !!

ShEiLa said...

Some of the funniest screaming fearful faces are found on children while sitting on Santa's lap... oh seeing your photos brings back memories of my own children. Thanks Yvonne!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

ToOdLeS.

sweetpea said...

What a fun chronicle of your kids with Santa--LOVE it.

and Kyle's little outfit...WAY too cute. I wish we could see the whole thing!

Connie said...

I think pictures of crying kids and Santa are the norm...right?
Cute pictures. Enjoy your family! So fun to have them home!

Annie said...

Merry Christmas Yvonne!

Valerie said...

I love Santa pics! Inigo, however, will only sit on Santa's lap at the ward Christmas party, so I never get more than a church snapshot photo of it. :( (When I ask him to sit for a more formal photo, he says that he's already told Santa what he wants and what's the point of doing it all again?)
Love your family photos! Glad the boys made it home safely!