Monday, January 11, 2010
Accountability List for 2010
I realize I could just re-post the list from 2009--SAD BUT TRUE.
Of that list,
1) I did do better with mailing out birthday cards on time. In fact, I even mailed a Christmas card to one of my grandson's 6 months early ; )
2) My photos are backed up on CD's. (Yes, Neal, I know I should have put them on DVD's. I still haven't figured out how to get them all organized.
3) I still can't play 5 hymns--I'm not taking piano lessons but I could still practice on my own.
4) The weekly menu thing is so hard with just Allan and I eating. So often, we just grab something like a bowl of cereal. I do want to
5) Still want to learn to be kinder. Let me share something I learned the other night at a Fireside. We are taught in the scriptures to "Be Ye Therefore Perfect", but the term "perfect" in Hebrew would mean "to walk with God, to be God's friend, to be like Him." In the footnotes it shows the word "whole". I wish I could share all of my notes--I learned so much. It was one of those firesides where you don't walk out feeling like a loser but feel like you can do it. (The kind I really like)
6) Pray and listen--I'm doing better, but I still want to feel closer. One of the last things I heard at the fireside was a challenge to free up my life so I can be receptive to the Spirit and do what I am here to do and be what I am here to be.
7) Lose 10 pounds--That was last January--I was doing really well, but now I have to lose 20 ; ( This is my year--I WILL DO IT.
8) Continue my exercise regimen--I was doing well, but have slipped in the last few weeks. So until the weather gets better and I can run outside, I will gradually increase my elliptical and aerobics. I sure miss running outside.
I want this to be my year to do better. After all this is my last year of being 50 something. I have joined the "Getting Healthy" challenge here as well as "The Resolutionary Challenge" here.
I can't believe that I have so much to learn.
How about you--do you have a goal for 2010?