Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Create

I just realized that could have been the title of my birthday post if I had added a "d" to the end ; ) Thanks, for all the wonderful birthday wishes. I had a great day. Jack didn't let me down--in fact, he was back the following evening. (Loved it. Shall I just add if Jack decides to go to Los Angeles with Kim,Rene could take over. Don't get me wrong, no one could take Jack's place, but goodness, at the end of the last episode she definitely pulled a Jack. (Couldn't figure out why he looked so shocked. That seemed like something he would have done ; )

We went to the temple on Friday and came back on Saturday. It was wonderful. I love being in the temple. It was so great to see this little Nativity as we drove into the parking lot. It was a wonderful way to start my birthday weekend. The roads were a breeze. When we got home Saturday afternoon we headed over to the Church for the Scripture Mastery competition. The youth were AMAZING. On Sunday I had a chance to teach Relief Society--I loved it. Allan fixed me a lovely steak dinner. Then I heard from all the kids and even got to talk to a lot of the grandchildren. It was a fabulous day.

One of the things I got for Christmas was a Cricut machine. I have wanted one for so long. I LOVE IT. I'm not taking as much time as I should to really play around with it, but what I have done with it so far has been so fun. If you own a cricut, what cartridges do you have or do you recommend????

Tonight I am teaching the YW scrapbooking, so I've been having fun making little sayings as well as hearts, butterflies, dragonflies, etc. It should be a lot of fun.

There are some wonderful craft blogs and sites out there. I love whenever there is a post at Brownpaperpackages or whenever Lei does a post. Thank you ladies who are so creative.

Tomorrow night I am teaching a class on organizing your home. (Okay stop laughing ; ) I have been spending a lot of time trying to declutter and organize. It has been very good for me. Allan and I are the only ones in this house and you'd think I could find a place for everything--too much STUFF.

I do not want to write this as a sidenote, but I'm so grateful that we live in this beautiful world that has been created for us to enjoy. Yesterday here in Winnipeg was one of those beautiful winter days--we had incredible hoar frost. I went to lunch with a friend and when I drove across the bridge and looked down the river it was BREAKTHTAKING. The trees were just gorgeous. I realized I didn't have my camera with me. I tried to go and take a picture of it late in the afternoon and I realized I had waited just a tad too long. When I got home, I took this picture from the stop sign on my little cul de sac.

Sidenote: I guess the only way I could tie this into my post is to talk about how to create sore muscles. I was able to run Monday and today. It felt good to be out running again, but I can't believe how sore the muscles in my legs are. It's supposed to snow tomorrow and then hopefully Friday I'll be able to run again. I just love being outside.

Hope you're having a great day.



19 comments:

The Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful! Pictures are stunning.
Glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend. You certainly deserve it!
Yay for the Cricut in your possession.
I have a ton of websites that I get tons of ideas from.
I'm also taking a class at Roberts starting at the end of this month to get to learn it better.
Also go to youtube and type in Cricut and wow! You won't get anything else done because you'll be so busy watching all the awesome tutorials!
Have a blast!

JustRandi said...

That is a gorgeous picture!!
And I know what you mean by being outside. Before I started running there were days at a time where I didn't go out. Now if I can't get out at least every other day or so I get cranky.

Love it!!

JustRandi said...

Also--PLEASE will you write up your organization class as a post?? I could really use the tips!!

makingthemomentscount said...

I am curious, do you run outside?

I have a cute little award for you on my blog. Something that you totally deserve!

-Ambrosia

Lt. Col. Samantha Carter said...

I agree with Randi...that would be a great post! Please!!!!

You've inspired me to get out my Cricut...I put it away nearly 2 years ago 'cause my creativity in that area just stopped. Thanks again) for your continued inspiration!!!

ShEiLa said...

I didn't even laugh about your organization class. I am sure you are more organized than you think.

I love the photo of the hoars frost.

Have fun with your Cricut.

I was to the temple yesterday in St. George with my sister and it was good day.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

I'm glad you had such a nice birthday.

I love the picture. It is so beautiful. You must live in a really beautiful place on a really beautiful cul-de-sac.

I love going to the temple. We were temple workers in both Los Angeles and Dallas. It was wonderful!

Have fun with the Cricut.

Melissa said...

What a great picture! We had a hoar frost one time when we were in Oregon. Absolutely beautiful!!
I don't have a Cricut but it looks so fun! I hope you have a great time with it :)

Heffalump said...

I have been tempted by the cricut machines that are half off at a store here. I am being good though. I have a friend who has one and while I am sure I would love it, I just don't have the time to make it worth the money right now!

Tonya said...

Okay, I'll admit it. I don't know what a circuit machine is. But I'm glad you had a great birthday. I too am always amazed at how beautiful this world is we live in.

Cherie said...

Yvonne - I feel like such a big dork!!! You are one of my favorite people and I switched over all of the blogs I follow from my actual blog and into my google reader. Somehow yours and 2 others did not make it.
I kept feeling like I was missing someone but have not been on my blog too much and my computer was crapping out on me last week. Anyway, that is my big long excuse and please accept my apology for missing your birthday and a few other posts - Wahhhhhhh!
I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday and that you got to go to the Temple.
I can only imagine how beautiful the scenery is where you live - I would love to visit that area someday.
On my Cricut I buy mostly the letter fonts but I was recently wishing I had snowflakes. Enjoy - that machine is really fun!

Have a good rest of your week!

Cherie :D

aubrey said...

oh my goodness..that picture you took is beautiful. i'm glad you had a fabulous birthday! and i am interested in all your organizing tips. please share!!

Connie said...

You were spoiled for your birthday and that's great! Beautiful snow picture.
Isn't it amazing how quickly our muscles get out of shape? I'm sure it won't take you long to get back in to it!
Have fun teaching your lessons!

Klin said...

I love my cricut. I use it to do vinyl on walls and tiles, too.

Glad your birthday was great. It's fitting. A great day for a great lady.

Theresa said...

ha! I just watched 24 too - I wasn't too impressed with the last season, (which was the first one I watched) but this episode was great!!
I have no clue what a cricut machine is... You better post some pictures of what you can do with it! ;)

Valerie said...

You're definitely staying busy! Lucky you to get a Cricut! I don't do enough with scrapbooking to justify a purchase like that, but one day I would love to be able to buy one "just because." Have fun with it!!!
Hoar frost mornings are one of the good things about this time of year. So gorgeous and I loved the photo!

sweetpea said...

LUCKY! I'm so happy for you, and your new Cricut! I can't wait to see what you make with it.

And yes, Jack did look totally surprised about what Renee did...she learned it from him though!

chellie said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday.. you deserve it!!

Beautiful picture!

carolyne b said...

We need to have a ward/stake/friend Cricut day.... I had one and have yet to pull it from the box. Let me know how it goes.