Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome 2010

It was fun having Allan's sister here for a couple of weeks. She was supposed to stay until Tuesday, but had to go early because she has responsibilities in Primary and her other sister is not feeling well.

I know 2010 officially came in yesterday but l wasn't ready. I haven't stayed on top of everything these past few weeks. It has been difficult for me to find the time to blog and/or read blogs.

I have so enjoyed having the three kids at the table again. It has been so wonderful just hearing conversations all around the table--it really is better than a quiet dinner with just Allan and me. A facebook friend wrote in response to my status about it: "Did you do the contented mother **SIGH** at the dinner table". Believe me, I did in my heart ; )

I had a great time having my family here. Allan had Monday off--it was great. In the afternoon we went to see Sherlock Holmes--great movie. I highly recommend it. That night Allan went to set apart Elder B, a young man who was leaving the next day for the MTC. He will be serving in Kenya.

On Tuesday Heidi, Bev, Brent and I went to the mall. It was not as crowded as I would have thought. (Little did I know they had an ulterior motive in mind) That night, even though it was a little cold, we decided to go ride the little "Candy Lane" train. When I wrote on FB about riding the train, I think people thought we were riding a big train--NOT QUITE.
It was so cold that night, but as always IT WAS FUN.


On Wednesday, after dinner we had a little early birthday celebration for MOI. I guess they all figured since none of them would be here on my birthday, we would celebrate early. I wasn't ready for it, but I loved it. Then we left to go and see The Blindside--Allan and Heidi had not seen it yet. Loved it just as much the 2nd time.

I spent part of New Years Eve getting ready for our New Years Day celebration. (It felt weird knowing Heidi wouldn't be here, but I was sure glad she was here to help. I made my meatballs and baked the cake for Death by Chocolate. Heidi made the Pistachio Pudding Salad.

Early in the evening we went out for Chinese food. Then we went to our Stake New Years Eve dance. It was so fun watching Heidi and Kyle on the dance floor, but the highlight of the evening was when Kyle tried to get his dad to go out and dance. Finally Kyle took away all the chairs around the table so he couldn't sit down--only thing left to do was to go out and dance. When I realized Heidi, Brent, Kyle, Bev, and Allan were all out there dancing together, I knew it was time for me to get out there, too--QUITE A FUN MOMENT.

Heidi and I had matching pajamas and I had to get a picture when we got home from the dance. Can I just say I SURE LOVE THIS GIRL ; )

Our New Years Day gathering started at 2:00. Allan took Heidi and Bev to the airport, while I kept working on preparations. It was probably better that I didn't go, I was very sad to say Heidi leave.

It was great to have these guys here again--when they were here right after Kyle got home I told them how much I have missed them.

We always play a game based on the year--I think the one this year was way too hard because the men won and THE MEN NEVER WIN!!!! The food was good, but the company was much better. It's always a great way to start the year.

I've been trying to get the boys laundry done today--just want to make life a little easier for them. Very sad thinking they'll be gone tomorrow. I will sure miss them. Nice to know Kyle will be home in April--at least for a few months.

Need to get busy working on New Years Resolutions--start of a new decade. This is going to be an eventful year for our family--a new baby and a missionary in July. Heidi's missionary will come home near the end of the year and I'm pretty sure there will be a wedding the end of the year.


15 comments:

The Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful family! Fun times!

Natalie said...

First of all, YOU LOOK GREAT! All of that running must be doing wonders. You are so slim and so beautiful.
A's sister sure looks a lot like him. How nice that she could stay for such a long time.
I can sure relate to you about the quiet dinners. I really miss my kids and all of the commotion at dinnertime.
I'm glad you have such a fun and eventful year coming up.
What kind of game do you play based on the year?
Have a super 2010!!!!!!!!!!

mindyluwho said...

You look beautiful in that color of red.

Happy New Year!

Macy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time together!

txmommy said...

How fun!!! I am glad you had such a great Christmas time:)

Heidi is so pretty, just like her mom!

Melissa said...

I'm so out of the blogging loop!! You can't be as far behind in reading and writing as I am :)
You have such a great family!! It looks like you had a fantastic time with them!! :)

ShEiLa said...

I love yours and Heidi's jammies. Love the red. So cute.

ToOdLeS.

Heffalump said...

I say that spending time with your fam is much more important than staying caught up on blogging! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy them while they were there!

Corrine said...

happy new year and so glad you had your family around you to celebrate, love the matching pjs... and looking forward to hearing more about your new adventures...are you and heidi already "planning" the wedding ?

Ambrosia said...

I am so glad you took a break! I have been thinking about you and hoping that you were enjoying your family without worrying about blogging. I am also happy to read a new post from you! I love hearing about your family, life, and experiences.
Can't wait to see Sherlock Holmes! My husband recommended it, dollar movies here we come! (When it comes out that is...)

Klin said...

You can always catch up on blog reading later. Your family needed you with them 100% while they were there and you needed to be with them.

Sounds like you have had a great holiday vacation. I haven't been reading and commenting until now. I got sick on Friday and was so busy having fun before then that blogging didn't really rank on my list.

How about telling us more about your game based on the year? I'd be interested in how to incorporate something like that into my own family celebrations.

Happy New Year Yvonne! You are one great lady.

Anonymous said...

性感女劍士av台南視訊av無碼情色遊戲高雄寂寞小站彩虹成人avdvda片18成人免費影視免費視訊a片商77p2p影片網愛田無碼av女優台灣成人網免費a長片線上看av969免費影片0204movie成人影城cf視訊聊天室辣妹視訊辣妹視訊美女交友

Valerie said...

My mom always says that when her kids are back home, under her roof, that she sleeps better than any other time in her life. I'm sure it's the same for all moms!

I'm glad you had such a great time with your kids home! And now that school has started again, the countdown to April starts! Hang in there!

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit with the kids.

You guys are so cute all bundled up like Nanook of the North.

Never worry about not reading or writing. It's okay to just be busy living and making memories.

Heidi said...

I was sooooo sad I had to leave too:( Dumb work! I SURE LOVE YOU MOM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CRAZY MUCH AND WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXTREMELY HAPPY TO BE HOME AGAIN and feel of the joy of being together as a family again:) I LOVE YA TONS MOM!!! I can't wait until we can get together again!!!