- Being at school: As I drove past the high school the other day, I realized how much I am missing basketball and volleyball games, band concerts, parent-teacher conferences, newsletters from the school, etc.
- No late nights: Allan and I go to bed fairly early and I think I'm still trying to adjust because it seems like I'm always waking up around midnight--the time Kyle used to come home. It seems weird not waiting up at night for kids to get home.
- Nicer weather: I love being able to run outside and I am so sad that I have been kind of cooped up.
- Call me crazy: but I'm missing laundry and dishes. It just seems so weird to only wash two plates and two glasses. And then laundry gets done in just a few minutes. But, speaking of dishes, we're having the missionaries over for dinner tonight and I'm using my red plates--I love them.
- Seminary--yes, I'm missing getting up early every morning, spending time with the youth, and even preparing lessons.
- Taking pictures--Since the kids left 2 months ago, I have taken pictures on only two different occasions--the day the torch was here and the day we had the beautiful hoar frost. Tonight Allan will be setting apart a missionary so I'll be taking a few pictures, but I rarely post those.
- More to blog about--it's boring when it's just Allan and me to write about ; ) Believe me, we live SUCH AN EXCITING LIFE. So, please keep posting--I may not have much going on, but I know all of you do. I love reading your ideas, your adventures, and seeing what's going on in your lives.
Kiah and Hannah with the trophy from their recent cheerleading competition.
Stephen and Daphne's children--love the sweatshirts. What are they going to spell when #6 joins the family in July ; )
My little Garrett enjoying riding with his dad. He is such a cutie--his mom takes the cutest pictures of him. I hope you have had the chance to see some of her great pictures on her photography blog.
Sidenote #2: I successfully made my first batch of sugar cookies--I can make drop cookies, but I've never been able to cut a cookie right. I saw a recipe on Connie's blog, but I didn't have enough sour cream so decided to try the recipe Macy had used when I was visiting a few years ago. IT WORKED. Wish the kids were here to eat them.