Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Onnie-ology

Before I start, let me explain the "Onnie" part. When I was a little girl, my youngest sister could never say "Yvonne" and she used to say "Onnie". That is what my sisters call me. Shortly after Allan and I were married one of my sisters called the house and asked for Onnie and he said, "Sorry, you must have the wrong number" ; ) He knows better now.

Now, let's get started:

Mouthology:
Q: What is your favorite fast food?
A: When I'm here in Winnipeg--Subway; in California In-N-Out; and when I'm in Utah Cafe-Rio (actually not sure that qualifies as a "fast food" restaurant.

Q: What food could you eat every day for 2 weeks and not get sick of?
A: Besides chocolate, I would have to say grapes or cantalopue.

Q: Pizza Toppings of Choice?
A: Mushroom and Cheese

Technology:

Q: What is currently on your computer wallpaper?
A: A picture of Allan and I with our kids in Hawaii.


Q: How many TVs are in your house?
A: Too many--especially considering there are only two of us in the house.

Biology:

Q: Are you a Righty or Lefty?
A: Righty

Q: When was the last time you had a cavity?
A: A few months ago.

Q: Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A: Yes, when I walked into an airplane wing. I was working at the Naval Air Station in Alameda and was walking through one of the hangars and turned and walked right into a wing. I had two lovely black eyes.

Otherology:

Q: What color do you think looks best on you?
A: Red

Q: Have you ever saved some one's life?
A: Nope.

Q: Has someone saved yours?
A: Absolutely.

Dumbology:

Q: What is in your left pocket?
A: In my bathrobe--nothing in my pocket.

Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
A: I think so.
Q: Last run in with the cops?
A: I'd have to say when I got a speeding ticket going 65 km in a 50 km zone--stupid radar guns. But just for fun I have to tell you about the time my sister and I were riding in the car with a couple of guys and got pulled over and questioned BIG TIME. I mean the guys were standing outside of the car with their hands on top of the car (like "put your hands up"). Anyway, I guess a similar car was involved in some kind of trouble and they were just checking us out. Kind of scary.

Lastology:

Q: Last person to call you?
A: Kyle called to talk to his dad.
Q: Last person you hugged?
A: Hubby this morning when he left for a business trip.

Favoritology:

Q: Number?
A: Number 1, of course,--"because if you're not first you're last" ; )

Q: Season?
A: Fall

Currentology:

Q: Mood?
A: Happy.

Q: Listening to?
A: Commentators on the Olympics.

Q: Watching?
A: The Olympics.

Randomology:

Q: First place you went this morning?
A: Same place I go every morning--o the bathroom.

Q: Last movie you saw?
A: "Valentines Day"

Q: Do you smile often?
A: You betcha.

23 comments:

Heffalump said...

I always like to see people's answers to these kinds of things.

The Garden of Egan said...

Very cute! Great to get to know ya better!
I love it.

Connie said...

How fun to get to know you better!

ShEiLa said...

'the' -ology idea was very cute. Maybe I will have to copy your idea and answer those ?'s tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing Miss Yvonne.

ToOdLeS.

glittersmama said...

I loved your last answer. It made me smile. Thanks for that.

Carrot Jello said...

I have not read one person's "ology" that has said they are left handed. Maybe left handed people don't do this. Either that, or they don't blog.
Maybe I'm the only left handed blogger in the world!




Hey, I think I just found my niche.

Cherie said...

I loved reading all of the "ology" . The black eyes...ouch!

The nickname is super cute!!!

txmommy said...

me too, I like to see peoples answers. It's fun:)

aurora said...

Fun to hear these answers!

Lei said...

Loved reading this!

chellie said...

Very fun!
Although I think I knew all of the answer! ;-) I must pay attention! I even knew your nickname.

xxx

Chantel said...

Very neat to read. What an interesting idea.

Macy said...

Cute. I liked reading through this.

JustRandi said...

two black eyes? OUCH!
My favorite answer is the last one!!

Lt. Col. Samantha Carter said...

I always thought "Onnie" was a "Grandma" replacement! Like Oma, or Nonnie, or Nana. Loved leaning more about you!!!

Sheri said...

that was fun!! I love those kinds of quizzes!!

aubrey said...

i love these things! and i'm glad you told about where onnie came from!

Melissa said...

Was Valentines Day any good? I've heard mixed things about it...

Loved the answers to the questions... I too head straight to the bathroom every morning ;)

Small House said...

Onnie's a cute name. My brother called me SaSa for years because he couldn't pronounce Sandra.

I enjoy reading your answers. I got a kick out of the first place you went this morning. That didn't cross my mind. I was thinking, the bus stop, work. FUNNY!

Have a great day.
Sandra

Valerie said...

Thanks, Onnie!

This was fun! Now that you and Lt. Samantha Carter have done this, maybe I'll join in!

brown paper packages said...

I loved reading this!!

Klin said...

So glad you played. Two black eyes! OUCH!!!

I could probably eat cantaloupe and grapes for a month! I didn't even think about them.

I love your smile so I am so glad you smile often.

mindyluwho said...

Fun post! I love your nick-name!