Friday, February 19, 2010

Some Days I Love My Mailman

Actually, I have a lady carrier, and she reminds me very much of Nancyface.

Yesterday, I went out to my mailbox and was pleasantly surprised. First of all, I found these sweet little valentines from my little grandson, G-man. And attached to the valentines were delicious sugar cookies and lollipops--one addressed to Grandma Onnie and one for grandpa.

And then from a recent giveaway on Connie's blog, I received this. It will be put to good use as soon as there is no snow on our barbeque--which should be late April ; ) By the way, if you want a great laugh, look at the pictures on her blog post today. Too cute.

Now, next week I'm going to write about the "challenge" I've been involved in since January 11th. One of the goals each day is to "Savor up to one (1) small treat per day". Now anyone who knows me, knows this is a KILLER goal. So when these came in the mail, I thought for sure I was doomed. But I hung in there and enjoyed my cookie. I'm saving the M&M's. By the way, I don't think "one small treat" would be one M&M--do you???? Now shall I just add that I think Macy is trying to sabotage my points (since she is participating in the challenge, too)--I think the cookie she made for me was just too good, and I was very tempted to rip into grandpa's package and eat his, too. BUT, I DIDN'T.

Sidenote #1: I wrote about this on FB, but I have to write it here, so it's saved for posterity in my "journal". My DIL, Daphne, who is due in July just found out she is expecting a girl. We are very excited. It has been 10 years since we have had a granddaughter. I'm most excited about learning how to make those little flower headbands. I think they are so cute. Out to find a tutorial.

Sidenote #2: I wonder, after the a couple of comments on my last post, if people think I don't smile very often. Hey folks, remember my one word resolution was smile and I'm bound and determined to look for the good everywhere I go. I've decided I have a great deal to smile about. I'm changing my philosophy. If people don't like me, I'm sorry, but it's not going to get me down--well, maybe I should say keep me down ; )

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND AND BE SURE AND SMILE.

16 comments:

Macy said...

I think one small treat is a serving of M&Ms. Measured out from the suggested serving size on the package. Does that help?

That is fabulous that Daphne is having a girl! Wonderful news!

ShEiLa said...

Surprises are so wonderful.

YOU are so lucky to have so many surprises all at once. The best one of course is the expected granddaughter... congrats. I just ordered some very cute flower clips and got my order yesterday... maybe you would like to check out her site.
http://soosiesclips.blogspot.com/
SoosieQ has recently become a single mother of four... so I decided to support her cause... the problem was choosing which ones.

ToOdLeS.

Small House said...

Treats from your grandkids....surprises in the mail...and a new baby girl.....HOLY SMOKES, what a good day!!!

Love your philosophy about smiling and looking for the good in all things!! Have a great day.
Sandra

Connie said...

Some days really are red letter days! Congrats on the future granddaughter!
One M&m does NOT a treat make. One package...yes!
Keep smiling!

The Garden of Egan said...

If you eat the M&M's in the closet with the lights out and you hurry and brush your teeth, you really didn't eat them, therefore they don't count for anything.

Congrats on the grandgirl!!!!

mindyluwho said...

I don't know how you didn't eat Alan's cookie...I don't think I'd have that willpower, frosted sugar cookies are my absolute favorite!

Natalie said...

So many great surprises with the best being a new granddaughter. Congrats!
I love your smile and I'll just bet that you really do smile a lot. I can't wait to see that smile IRL someday.
I agree with Connie. One m&m does not make a serving.:)
It was a lot of fun to read your onnie answers and to find out a bit more about you.

Klin said...

THAT'S some good mail!

Babies are so fun. My baby is 12. She is my mom's youngest granddaughter/child. My brother and his wife are having a baby boy in June. I am excited beyond words. He will be spoiled. Spoiled with love, clothes, hugs, kisses, etc.

You do smile often. Every time I've seen you you are smiling and I know it's not just cause I'm there.

Jess said...

That is so cute that your grandson sent you a Valentine!!

PJ said...

Well that was some very good sabotage!

I love good mail, I only get it from Netflix these days ;)

Amber said...

Congratulations on the baby granddaughter!!

One small treat of M&Ms is a bag. Swear it.

Glad to hear from you regularly again!

Doran & Jody said...

If the treats are just too much for you to keep away from, send em on down to me. I'll "hold on" to them for you.

Tonya said...

My mailperson never brings me fun stuff like that. You deserve it.

P.S. I'm smiling.

Valerie said...

M&M's, sugar cookies, and a cool looking cook book.... WOW!!! That mail carrier deserves a big hug next time you see her!

That's wonderful news about Daphne. It's a little blessing from Heaven!

JustRandi said...

Who in the world couldn't like you!?

You're awesome!! and I am very impressed with your one cookie. I don't think I could do it.

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

I love mail. I wish we all used it a little more.