Wednesday, March 24, 2010

AND NOW WE KNOW...


That picture was taken in July when Kyle was ordained an Elder surrounded by some of the men who have been important to him. Brother A, one of our high councilors who has been such a great influence; Bishop W, his Bishop in our YSA Ward here; Bro. P, his Bishop years ago and a great friend who along with his wife has stayed at our home over the years whenever we go out of town; Kyle, his SP (lovingly referred to by Kyle as Tank) and his two Councilors, Pres. B, and Pres. O)

There is something about mission calls and Allan travelling--when Brent's call came in the mail, Allan had to travel to Vancouver, and this morning Allan left for Toronto, so, of course, Kyle's call came in the mail. It was delivered to him at BYU, but when they called to tell him they had it he was in class, so they called me here. I was just a little tempted to ask them to open It and read it to me--BUT I DIDN'T. Allan was on the Conference Call from Toronto with all the older kids, and I was here on an iChat with the kids who are in Utah and we all listened together as the destination was revealed. I can't wait to see Kyle in a few weeks to give him a big hug.

So without further adieu...












oh, first let me post a picture of him with me and his doctor when he was born almost 19 years ago--

















Kyle is going........















how about a picture taken on the day he was baptized--


















to...













oh wait how about one taken on the day he was ordained a Deacon--




















Hey, I'm sorry, I've had to wait and it was hard, so I'm just having some fun with you...















and the day he was ordained a Teacher--















here...














and I must post one the day he was ordained a Priest--














He is going to the Idaho Pocatello Mission. He is to report to the MTC on May 26, 2010--goodness, sure hope we can get everything done. I am concerned about his dental appointment to have his wisdom teeth pulled--we may have to do a little rearranging. He will not be home from BYU until the end of April.

Here he is with Brent and Heidi when he opened the call. He sure looks like he's studying that call.


I am so grateful for the choices that Kyle has made along the way that have made it possible for him to have this opportunity to be CALLED TO SERVE. I appreciate so much the teachers and leaders who have helped him. We are thrilled for him to have this great experience.


31 comments:

Macy said...

Hooray! We're so excited for him. I can't believe he leaves so soon! I hope everything works out with the appointments.

brown paper packages said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting!!!

Natalie said...

WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So exciting.
Congratulations to Kyle.
He will be a great missionary.
You are something, keeping us in suspense while we scrolled down for the reveal.HaHa!
He will love serving a mission.

Connie said...

Fabulous! What a blessing for the people in Pocatello and for his family! Good luck getting him ready! Good job getting him ready thus far!

Nancy Face said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a cute way to do your announcement post! I love the great pictures! :)

Chantel said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting. Congratulations to Kyle.

JustRandi said...

Woooo HOooo! That is fantastic! What a blessing! (and maybe he'll meet up with my Lucy - - she'll be in Rexburg in January!)

Amber said...

I haven't been here in a while (puttering around as usual) and want to tell you how EXCITED I am for Kyle!!!!!! WHAT AN AWESOME MISSION!!

Congratulations.

carolyne b said...

Well I didn't see that coming. Congratulations Kyle. I guess when he comes home there will be some rushing to get things done. Awesome job..

Sheri said...

Yay! Congratulations to Kyle!! That is not where I expected! Did anyone guess Idaho? I hope he can learn the language!!;) He will be a great missionary because his amazing parents have prepared him well! Good luck!!

Lt. Col. Samantha Carter said...

WOO HOO HOO! He will love it there! And what a creative way to share it with the world!

Valerie said...

NO WAY!!!!

I have tears in my eyes....

First of all... I loved the post. Going through each phase of his life like that. It just makes me anticipate my own boy's travels through baptism and priesthood. I'm excited but want to hold on to his little-ness just that much harder! I'm sure it happened so fast for you!!

POCATELLO!?!? Wow! I was going to make that guess, but thought Hawaii sounded so much more exotic. At least he'll be used to the cold and snow. :) You know I could wish that he could serve in a little college town north of there. I promise I would feed him and take him cookies and honk at him as I see him walking down the street... I would take care of him the same way you take care of the missionaries in Winnipeg!

Congratulations to your family. So excited for you all!

(Sorry! This is a very long comment!)

Doran & Jody said...

Woot! He can go see my brother!
Congratulations!
I was just talking to Doran the other day when I was preparing my primary lesson on baptism....
Neither one of us have pictures of those special days.
It is good that you have pictures of every mile stone.

Melissa said...

Umm... that is the mission area that I grew up in!!! All of my family is still in the Southeastern Idaho area!!! WOOHOO!!! GO IDAHO :) That's great news!

Cherie said...

Wowwwwwwwww!!!!! He is coming to Idaho!!! That is SO awesome :D
He doesn't even have to worry about the cold because he is already used to it!

Congratulations that is wonderful news!

Cherie said...

P.S. I especially love the picture you put in of you the day you had him. That pretty much says it all when these milestones and big life things happen to our kids!

Klin said...

Wooo Hooo! Congrats to Kyle.

I was dying and reading really fast as I scrolled down. I loved the pictures though.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Congratulations Kyle! How exciting!! Bummer that it's the opposite side of the state from me, though.

Garden of Egan said...

Well, I never would have guessed he'd be sent to MY VERY OWN MISSION!!!! No, I didn't go on a mission, BUT we live in that area. We've fed them Pocatello Idaho Missionary boys and they have a fabulous Mission President. He's been to many Stake Conferences here in little Rexburg.
I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for that guy.
He should plan on some cookies if he ends up in town!

Yvonne said...

Thanks, everyone. To all of you who live in that area, it means a lot to know that you will be on the look-out for him.

I had a good time going through all the pictures.

carolyne b said...

Yvonne sing up for the missionary moms website. Betty Pearson the creator will connect you with mothers in the Idaho area. She is also on Facebook too.
I was able to connect with a mother who had a son serving in Winnipeg several years ago. He was from Las Vegas (Elder Harding) we still keep in touch.

PJ said...

Nice tease!!

I'm so happy for him!

mindyluwho said...

I love how you told us...very clever!

I love Idaho, my aunt lives in Pocatello.

aubrey said...

yay!!! how exciting for him! that will be a great place for him to serve. loved the pictures of him growing up. how awesome!

aurora said...

Congratulations to Kyle and to you all!

ShEiLa said...

Idaho... really???
Congrats to Kyle. I bet he loves it. Missionary work has subtle differences... depending on where you are sent. But it is the same too... sharing the gospel.

ToOdLeS.

txmommy said...

that is such wonderful news!!! He will be an awesome missionary!

Tonya said...

How exciting is that!!! You did a great post about it. I felt like I was watching a reality show where they drag out the results forever..lol

I have friends that live in Pocatillo. I know he'll do a great job.

Suzanne said...

Yvonne, you are so funny! :) Congrats to Kyle and his mission call!

Yvonne said...

carolynne b: thanks for the info.

pj: Thanks. We're happy, too.

mindylou: I wanted you all to have to wait, too.

aubrey: I know he is going where he is supposed to, so it will be wonderful.

aurora: Thanks.

sheila: It is pretty much the same wherever you go.
I know he'll do great.

txmommy: Thanks. I think he will be great.

tonya: I tried to drag it out ; )

suzanne: Thanks so much.

Bonnie Tonita White said...

That anticipation has eluded me though I keep hoping one day to experience sons serving a mission. Thanks for sharing!