Monday, March 22, 2010

A Favorite Motto

Anyone who REALLY knows me, knows that unfortunately one of my favorite mottos is "Better Late Than Never". Therefore, I'm usually always late with Christmas cards, birthday cards, etc.

So, keeping that in mind--my grandson, Evan, had a birthday on the 16th, and I didn't mention it in my last post. Happy Belated Birthday, Evan.

And my grandson-in-law, Darren, has a birthday on March 25th--so how about I write about that now--THEN I WON'T BE LATE ; ) Funny story--when Allan put their birthday checks in the mail, he put the wrong check in the wrong envelope. But, hey, at least he was on time.

A couple of nights ago, I drove my friend, Kathy, home from our Relief Society anniversary dinner and she asked me to wait a minute while she ran into her house. She came out with this lovely scarf for me. She had been looking for it for Christmas to go with my gloves. I LOVE IT. (Now, it's supposed to snow on Monday, so I'll be able to get some use out of it before next winter.)

The other day, I went to my mailbox and found this lovely gift. My friend, Randi, said they made them in Relief Society and she made me one for my birthday. I love it. I was thrilled.

Sidenote #1: After the first and second round of the NCAA tourney, I'm at the bottom of our family/friends bracket; ( I have to say that Thursday and Friday was just not the same--it has been years since there hasn't been someone who came home for lunch to watch with me. Not quite as much fun when you're watching alone. It was fun Saturday night watching and cheering for BYU with my hubby. (Not as much fun as it would have been if they won, but maybe next year ; )

Sidenote #2: I thoroughly enjoyed my 10K class on Wednesday night. I really like my instructor. It seems like a great group of people and should be a lot of fun--I guess fun isn't the right word, but I'm hoping. I have been doing my homework--RUNNING 4 TIMES A WEEK.

Sidenote #3: I wasn't going to do this post because I thought this was my 500th post, but realized a whole lot of the 500 posts are DRAFTS. I wanted my 500th post to be Kyle's mission call, but seriously the posts in my draft file are nowhere near ready to be published.




18 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

Love the scarf!
Ya, better late than never is really how I roll as well.
Love the photos. Beautiful family!

Cherie said...

I'm a better late than never person too! And unfortunately even more so the older I get - ha ha - I just blame it on my senile moments :D

You have gotten some cute gifts this week. LOVE the scarf - very cute on you. And the sign is so neat. Surprises are so fun.

Glad to see your week is starting off gREAt!

Macy said...

The scarf is adorable!

Heffalump said...

I am often late about getting things done too...it's just my nature I think.
I hope you have a lovely week and get all of your running in!

Ava said...

what a cute scarf! and a sweet present..so it what randi gave you. i love it! {and at least you send cards and gifts..i can barely get an email sent!}

aubrey said...

oh whoops. that was me on ava's account.

aubrey said...

and SO wierd that ava has her own blogger account. i'm still not used to this strangeness.

Doran & Jody said...

Cute scarf!

Muah ha ha ha about the checks. That's something I would do. Oh wait, I need to send cards first.

Great job on the 10k class. Sure wish I was there to go with you!

I am waiting for more info on the "Challenge".

Nancy Face said...

Fabulous scarf! Pretty sign, too! :)

Natalie said...

Oh Vonnie, I am so with you on sending cards late. When you had the little challenge a while back for sending the cards on time, I took it too and I'm getting a little better.
I love the scarf on you and the sign is sooo nice.
Good job on your 10K class. I'm just trying to walk faster and farther.:)
You have such a good looking family. (Just like me):) :) Another thing we have in common.

txmommy said...

10K! Wow!!

I can't wait to hear where Kyle is going :)

Connie said...

You have some good friends! Love the scarf and the plaque!
Happy birthday to your family!

Nothing yet on Kyle's call? I'm anxious to hear!

chellie said...

Love the scarf!

Melissa said...

Better late than never is a good motto! :) Love that the checks got mixed up... sounds like something I would do!
I'm about half way down the family bracket... but I don't watch. I'm not really into it, but it's fun to pick and see how well my blind choices work out :)

Corrine said...

i love the scarf and u look amazing! and love the gift from Randi...and by the way how many drafts do u have? I always seem to hit publish...

Heidi said...

Wow---I almost didn't recognize the woman in the scarf;p Glad you are in a picture! I love it---but I love YOU more:)

linda said...

Yes, better late than never! I seem to be late with things too but have gotten remarkably better this year. One of my resolutions this year was to be on top of things a little better, and it's worked! It takes effort but it's worth the peace of mind.

Love the scarf!

How great for you to have a group of running friends. How can you not succeed when you have others for support!

mindyluwho said...

For Christmas I accidentally got my dad and my brothers family's presents mixed up. My dad was a little mystified!

Love the sign.