Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Bucket List

I had to go back through and see if I had done a post on this before, and I haven't.

I have to tell you that my mortality is starting to bug me--when I was reading "The Fire of the Covenant", I was so shocked when someone was talking about a couple of "elderly sisters" who were part of the company and they mentioned they were in their 50's. WHAT???? Elderly???

Anyway, I decided it was time to post my bucket list--things I really want to do before I, well, kick the bucket ; )
  • I have visited 39 states (I thought it was 38, but I forgot I had been to Iowa), and I would really like to visit the other 11--Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin
  • I want to cruise around the tip of South America and see the fjords and Antarctica.
  • Go to the Final Four Championship BB Game--at least last year we did get to a couple of the tournament games
  • Go back to China--this time with Neal as our tour guide
  • Go on a cruise with our children and grandchildren
  • Be in the temple with all of my children/grandchildren
  • Serve a mission or two or three, with my hubby
  • Perhaps run a half-marathon--I will be starting a 10k class in a couple of weeks and have to decide whether I have the stamina to do a half-marathon--don't want to bite off more than I can chew
  • Learn a foreign language
How about you? What's on your bucket list????




SIDENOTE: Exciting news--remember the Challenge I told you about and how a couple of weeks ago was an Olympic Challenge. My team won and we all received torchbearer mittens. Now I had bought myself a pair, but the only ones I could find were extra large--just a tad too big for me. So my mitts arrived today--I was very excited to put them on and will wear them with pride. The last week I have not done very well with the challenge--in fact on Monday I only received 4 points. But at least today I was able to start exercising again so hopefully I will start earning my ten points a day.


16 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

I love your bucket list!
I need to think about what I want to do before I kick the bucket.
I'm over fffffffifty....man I hate saying that!

Neal said...

Let's see...if you come to Boston, we can knock off three of those states - New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Connecticut - in one day! ; )

glittersmama said...

I love those mittens.

I need to start my bucket list. Maybe it will give me some motivation to get some stuff done.

JustRandi said...

Do the 10 K, then decide! Working up is definitely the best idea.

Love the mittens!!

I'm so jealous of your challenge group. I need a kick in the behind.

Cherie said...

Fifties are definately not old -but back then the average life expectancy was 47. Wow things have changed.

I love the picture of you. You are a beautiful lady and those mittens are the bomb (as my teen would say - lol)!!

I am loving your bucket list. As I have read your blog over the past few months I think we like alot of the same things.

One HUGE thing on my someday bucket list is to travel to The Holy Lands with all my children. I think it would be so neat!

ShEiLa said...

That is a great list.

I will have to think about mine.

ToOdLeS.

Heffalump said...

I haven't thought much about my bucket list...I've been just taking it one day at a time. Thanks for making me think though! Some of the things on your list would be scary to me. (I'm not a traveller).

txmommy said...

cute cute gloves:)

Love the list!

Connie said...

Congratulations on your mittens! They look very cute and so do you!

You have a great list. I just barely saw that movie. I'd love to go on the Church History tour.

10K class? You're awesome. I have a 5K race tomorrow and hope I survive THAT!

Natalie said...

You have quite the list.
I love the picture of you with your mittens. You look so pretty and you have such a healthy glow. I hope you are fully recovered now.

I have only visited 13 states and stopped in 2 others. That leaves a whole lot more to visit. I hope to do that one day.

I too would love to go to the temple with all of my chidren and grandchildren and I would also love to go on a cruise with them.

I'd really like to visit China again too. We had a fabulous visit there about 10 years ago. I was born in Shanghai and found birth my hospital on our visit. It was very exciting and emotional for me.

The 1/2 marathon would be an impossibility for me, but I think it's so marvelous that you can even think of doing it.

Love your bucket list.

Valerie said...

That's a good list! I'm sure you'll be able to do everything on it!
Congrats on the mittens! They are very cute!

Heidi said...

Way to go mom!!! You rock!!! I am starting to feel like I am in the old club;p You DEFINITELY ARE NOT ELDERLY!!! You do NOT look your age! Your bucket list is great---but you forgot something VERY important---you and daddy are supposed to live forever so you have plenty of time to do all that:) I love you tons!!!!

utmommy said...

Love the mittens!

You're doing awesome, keep up the great work!

mindyluwho said...

My MIL is 78, and I don't think of her as elderly. She just doesn't act elderly.

Love those mittins!

Melissa said...

I had a conversation with a guy in our ward about bucket lists not long ago. He's in his early 40's and has completed everything on his list that he can (health problems prevent him from skydiving and bungee jumping like he had wanted). He asked about my list... and, well, I don't have one! I have always wanted to go to Australia... but, um, that's about it. I think I really need to sit down and figure out what things I would like to accomplish in my life!

Theresa said...

Procrastination is an interesting thing. So, I just *had* to check how many states I've been to. 18. Including Maryland, New Jersey and New Mexico, 3 of those you need to do. (If you go to New Mexico, go and check out the VLA - it's awesome...)