Just a few thoughts:
- I'm so happy it's almost Spring. I'm so glad the weather has been so beautiful--it has truly made it fun to go out for some nice runs. I have my first 10K class tonight, and I'm very excited--quite nervous that I won't be able to do it, but still excited. It should be close to 50 degrees F. It will go back to being cool for at least the next week, but I've sure enjoyed the warmer temps.
- I have been thinking a great deal about forgiveneness and how important it is that I be more forgiving. If I want to be forgiven, and I always have need to be forgiven, I need to forgive others. I love the book "The Peacegiver". Quite often I find myself "marching to Carmel", as David. (I have to admit when I first read the book I did not know that Old Testament story very well, but the story of Abigail is now one of my favorites.) I have a friend who just returned a copy of the book to me and in the note she wrote thanking me for lending her the book she said, "Her (Abigail's) message was that forgiveness was for the one who was forgiving, not for the one who was being forgiven. To truly accept the Lord's Atonement, we need to not withhold forgiveness from anyone." I know there are people I need to forgive and probably more often than not, they have no idea that I even feel I need to forgive them because they don't have a clue as to what I think they have done. And that's key--"what I THINK they have done".
- Recently I was listening to one of President Uchtdorf's talks and loved when he said, "If someone is willing to accept me, imperfect as I am, then I should be willing to be patient with others' imperfections as well." I'm looking forward to General Conference in a few weeks--always love hearing from our leaders.
- The other day a very wise blogger, wrote a post about drawing closer to the Savior. It is something I have been trying to work on. I had started re-reading the book "21 Days Closer to Christ". I didn't want to take just 21 days--some of the thoughts require a lot more pondering. It's been a great experience.
- I found a pattern for a blanket to crochet for my granddaughter. The pattern is a little complicated and I'm still working on trying to figure it out. I think it might not be a good one to do while I'm watching basketball games during the tournament (which starts tomorrow)--so I may have to just stick to scrapbooking while watching the games. (I don't want a repeat of the burrito fiasco of a couple of years ago.