Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waiting for Spring AND OTHER THINGS


Just a few thoughts:
  • I'm so happy it's almost Spring. I'm so glad the weather has been so beautiful--it has truly made it fun to go out for some nice runs. I have my first 10K class tonight, and I'm very excited--quite nervous that I won't be able to do it, but still excited. It should be close to 50 degrees F. It will go back to being cool for at least the next week, but I've sure enjoyed the warmer temps.
  • I have been thinking a great deal about forgiveneness and how important it is that I be more forgiving. If I want to be forgiven, and I always have need to be forgiven, I need to forgive others. I love the book "The Peacegiver". Quite often I find myself "marching to Carmel", as David. (I have to admit when I first read the book I did not know that Old Testament story very well, but the story of Abigail is now one of my favorites.) I have a friend who just returned a copy of the book to me and in the note she wrote thanking me for lending her the book she said, "Her (Abigail's) message was that forgiveness was for the one who was forgiving, not for the one who was being forgiven. To truly accept the Lord's Atonement, we need to not withhold forgiveness from anyone." I know there are people I need to forgive and probably more often than not, they have no idea that I even feel I need to forgive them because they don't have a clue as to what I think they have done. And that's key--"what I THINK they have done".
  • Recently I was listening to one of President Uchtdorf's talks and loved when he said, "If someone is willing to accept me, imperfect as I am, then I should be willing to be patient with others' imperfections as well." I'm looking forward to General Conference in a few weeks--always love hearing from our leaders.
  • The other day a very wise blogger, wrote a post about drawing closer to the Savior. It is something I have been trying to work on. I had started re-reading the book "21 Days Closer to Christ". I didn't want to take just 21 days--some of the thoughts require a lot more pondering. It's been a great experience.
  • I found a pattern for a blanket to crochet for my granddaughter. The pattern is a little complicated and I'm still working on trying to figure it out. I think it might not be a good one to do while I'm watching basketball games during the tournament (which starts tomorrow)--so I may have to just stick to scrapbooking while watching the games. (I don't want a repeat of the burrito fiasco of a couple of years ago.
Sidenote #1: I only have a few more weeks of my original challenge. Unfortunately, I've been struggling sticking with my one treat a day. Therefore, I've decided to re-sign for a second one. It will start on April 5th--the night of my Championship Party--BUMMER.

Sidenote #2: Some time ago I mentioned I was going to sign up for a photography class--unfortunately when I got sick I missed the deadline. Now I'm looking for another one, but I guess I need to wait until we hear about Kyle's call and when and where he's going. I'll be sure and let you all know where he's going as soon as we know ; )

Sidenote #3: Happy St. Patrick's Day.




19 comments:

Valerie said...

Again you inspire me by your words and your wisdom! You are amazing!

Good luck with the 10K! I know you can do it!

carolyne b said...

Yvonne, try the city of winnipeg leisure guide they have some photography classes. The nearest one to you would be St.James Civic Centre.There is also Fort Rouge Leisure Centre on Osborne.
Forgiveness is a hard concept, but well worth the price of admission to Eternal Peace.

Doran & Jody said...

Boy, you ARE busy.
I am going to do the next challenge. Just tell me where to sign up.
If I was closer I would LOVE to take the run class with you. Maybe that would motivate me. I am still struggling.

Sheri said...

I am amazed how we so often parallel in thoughts! I love the Peacegiver - what a great way to look at the atonement! I remember what stood out for me was when he said - if we are not willing to forgive, we are saying what the Savior did was not enough. I also have the book 21 days closer to Christ and I am thinking I need to get it out and get going on it! Thanks for the reminders!~ Love you!

aubrey said...

happy st. patrick's day!

i have never heard about this 21 days closer to Christ book. it sounds like something i would love..i will have to check it out. thank you for always being a good exmaple to me!

Heffalump said...

You are a lovely person!

Connie said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! You're an inspiration to me. Don't be nervous about the 10K training, you're diligent enough to get it done
!

Macy said...

Excited to hear about Kyle's call! I was talking to Heidi about that tonight! It's coming soon!

Klin said...

Forgiveness comes easy to me. It didn't always, but it is such a blessing to be able to let things go. Convincing the teens I work with is not so easy.

I'm anxiously waiting for the call to be posted. How exciting!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Can't wait to hear where K is going. What exciting news ahead!

You will be awesome in the 10K. Wow, I sure do admire you for running and especially for your thoughtful words and thoughts. I loved your words on forgiveness.

I'm going to read both of those books when I get home. They both sound so good.

Hope you had a great St. Paddy's day.

JustRandi said...

I'm excited for spring, conference, and running weather too!

Wooo hooo!!!

brown paper packages said...

ooooh, I can't wait for spring either! Good luck with your 10k--I know you are going to do GREAT!! Just running it is a huge accomplishment.

Sue said...

Just stopped by to visit and found that we have a lot of things in common...The Peacegiver, for example. I, too, loved it.

I'll be back to see where the new missionary ends up!

=)

utmommy said...

Good luck with the 10k and restarting your challenge!

ShEiLa said...

Beautiful flowers...
I love your thoughts on forgiveness. I may be out of blogging for awhile... I will e.mail.

ToOdLeS.

Annie said...

I need more forgiveness in my life, too. Coming and going.

mindyluwho said...

I love spring. Except the allergies that come along with it, I don't love those.

And I am excited about your 10K! Go Yvonne!

I sent you a reply regarding the challenge...did you get it?

I can't wait to know where Kyle is going!

Amber said...

First, I'm so so excited for Kyle. I can't wait to hear where he is sent...and if you'll go there to pick him up. :-)

Second, what wonderful inspiration as always. Reading your blog always fills me with warm fuzzies!

chellie said...

You will do great with the 10k. You inspire me in your doings and your words. love you!