Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where In the World Will Kyle Go?


Kyle's papers are in and now the waiting begins.

Back in February 2004, our Ward had a mini-mission activity. The youth each received a letter calling them to different missions--Kyle was "called to Taiwan". We had missionaries who had served in those areas teach them about the culture and the food. Our missionaries serving here in Winnipeg came and taught them about studying the scriptures, door approaches, being temporally prepared, and how to lead music. Here's Elder R leading the music. Oh, my wasn't he little ; )

The big question: Where will Kyle go? Since this is my 498th post, I figured why not play a little game. We all know Kyle will be the real winner, but let's see if we can all have fun deciding where he will go.

So, if you want to play along, take a guess. On our family website there is a poll and the choices are: Provo, Brazil, Montana, France, Taiwan, San Diego, Boston, Honduras, Arizona and Tahiti.

Frankly, I don't think it will be one of those. Because of his asthma (which is controlled by medication), I was pretty confident he would stay in the U.S. or Canada, until I mentioned it to one of our missionaries who was here having dinner and he said, "My brother has asthma and he is serving in Brazil." So I guess, we'll know in a little while. I know he is excited about opening his call in front of his friends in Utah. We have to figure out how to do an iChat with him while he opens it and have the rest of the kids on a Conference Call. Exciting times.

So, go ahead, take a guess.

Sidenote: Speaking of guesses--this Sunday is Selection Sunday which means it's time for our March Madness pool. I haven't watched many college games, but it is exciting to know BYU is in the top 25. We'll see if Allan picks them to go all the way ; ) I'm sure Heidi is excited to know her Duke boys could be a #1 Seed. I've been busy trying to get my photo albums together so that I will have them to work on while I spend Thursday and Friday watching BB. I have to admit, I would love to see Kyle win--since he won't be here for the next two tournaments.

28 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I am tempted to say Argentina... but how about Las Vegas, NV.

ToOdLeS.

ps. My hubby and one BIL went to Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
One sis to Germany, One to Italy.
One sis to Austin, TX. My friends son is in Chile and Yvette's Jordan went to Argentina. Where do you think? What is your guess Yvonne?

Heffalump said...

I am voting for Oregon...we'll just have to see!

Cherie said...

Oh my goodness so exciting!!!!

OK I LOVE to guess where missionaries might be going. How about Idaho!!!! (giggle) If he comes here we'll take good care of him!

Seriously, I'm going to guess Japan!!

Let us know when it happens!

Neal said...

LOVE that picture when he was younger. I'm still sticking with Brazil. What's my prize? ; )

brown paper packages said...

I'm guessing England, or California. :)

And YAY for March Madness! Go Michigan State! :)

Yvonne said...

Sheila: I really don't have a clue. On our family poll, I said Montana. But I'm really thinking Colorado.

Heffalump: You're right--we'll have to wait and see.

Cherie: When Kyle was a young man, he wanted to go to Japan. It will be interesting.

Neal: Isn't that picture, sweet. It really doesn't seem like it was that young ago.

What would you like???

brown paper packages: We'll see about California or England.

Michigan State is looking pretty good.

txmommy said...

maybe India!

Tonya said...

I'm going with Portland, OR. I hear it's a really great mission ;o)

Can't wait to find out.

glittersmama said...

In honor of my upcoming trip, I'm guessing Japan.

Melissa said...

Hmmm... Mexico. But I'm sure I'll be wrong. The only missionary I've ever guessed right was my brother and he went to Tennessee.
Can't wait to hear!

Garden of Egan said...

OK Yvonne.....
I think he'll go to Cheynne Wyoming South!

Natalie said...

Such exciting news!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see where he will be going. Wherever it is, it will be the best, just where the Lord wants him.
I'm just not a good guesser, but it would be so much fun if he went to Paris, France. Then I could spoil him a bit.

carolyne b said...

Okay, I am thinking about where the missionaries in our Stake are currently serving....
Not Arizona as that was where Brent was...
Not Cali... as there is a sister serving there.
You know I am going to go with Russia.... yep Russia...

JustRandi said...

One guess for Colorado!

--Which is sort of cheating because one guess covers 3 missions. But I'll still take it.
:)

Locky said...

I'm biased to Australia and New Zealand.

I had athsma and went to Australia... so you never know!

aurora said...

Russia!

Klin said...

Arizona! So he can be warm all year round :)

Sheri said...

I was going to say Russia, but I think since others said that I will go with Greece - cause that's one of the places I wanted to go!! How exciting for him!! Can't wait to find out!!

Nancy Face said...

HOW EXCITING!!!

I vote for Tahiti!

13-year-old Kyle is sooo cute! :)

carolyne b said...

Question??? Will you and Allen put in your papers when Kyle is gone or when he comes back. I see you and SP as mission pres and wife... You already have a foot up on that as you do so much for the missionaries in our Stake already... and of course you guys are just naturally friendly and wise...

Valerie said...

I voted for Hawaii, but I must not have posted my vote because I don't see it here! Is it too late to get my vote in?!?

mindyluwho said...

Tulsa, Oklahoma...am I too late?

Brent said...

I am predicting Oregon.

Yvonne said...

Everyone's picks are GREAT. I love reading them--I shared them with Kyle the other night. (He doesn't read my blog ; ) He was so excited to hear where everyone thought. I don't anticipate hearing for a week or two, so no, none of you are too late.

Thanks so much, guys.

Carolynne: Allan and I had talked about putting our papers in when Kyle went, but when he was called in 05, we decided, we would probably wait until his release. But, if our feelings change and we feel it's time to go, we will. We are both very excited about serving a mission. Thanks for your sweet comments--we try to be friendly and Allan definitely is wise, not so sure about me, but thanks.

Connie said...

Love the mission guessing game. Should we all put in $5.00 so the winner gets the pot? ;D
How about Ireland? It's close to St. Patrick's Day so that's on my mind.

PJ said...

I'm going to say the Little Rock, Arkansas mission! Although, after listening to stories about serving in the scary parts of Memphis...I don't know. Our missionaries have shared stories they haven't even told their Mom's about yet!

I can't wait to hear where he goes!!

chellie said...

California!

Tori said...

TEXAS!!