Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Celebrations

April is always a crazy month for us--lots to celebrate. Today is the anniversary of my joining the Church 36 years ago.

April 13: Kyle will turn 19. Hard to believe. Of course, he won't be home. We decided since he is leaving for his mission in a little over a month after he gets home, he will fly home when he's done with finals, and then we will drive him down a week before he is to report. I am a little disappointed--I was so looking forward to the 23 hour drive with him and having that one-on-time with him, but it just didn't make sense.












































April 16: This 'little" guy somewhere under those blankets turns 26. Now that just seems totally impossible. Chris is such a wonderful young man. When he was young we spent a lot of time with him and his sister. I sure miss seeing him and spending time with him. We were in Hawaii when he was born--I think we should go to Hawaii to celebrate his birthday. (What do you think, Chris???)





















With his grandpa.





















With his beautiful wife, Heather. They were married last May in Texas. Here they are when his sister was married in July.


As well, Heidi's young man who is currently serving his mission in Georgia will be celebrating his birthday. I know she is so excited that he will be home in a few months.




April 18:This boy will turn 3--that seems impossible. I wish we got to be around him more often--I don't think he knows me very well and that makes me sad. I'm sure glad his mom takes lots of pictures of him. You can go here and see all kinds of pictures.
















We were together last summer after his sister got married, and were able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Open house and stopped by to see the Draper Temple as well.
















April 21: This little guy is going to turn 5. I have been doing some scrapbooking lately and was putting pictures of when he was first born into my album. Such a sweet boy. He is a real character. He loves those little mini chocolate donuts and can't help but think of him whenever I see them. I'm looking forward to seeing him in July when his new sister is born.





































And here is a picture of me with two of the April birthday boys.



SIDENOTE #1: NCAA Championship Party last night was fun--best game in a long time. I actually sat and watched most of the game--in spite of being very nervous for Butler. Sure would have loved to have seen them win.

Here's our wall with all the sheets. My sheet is somewhere in the middle ; )

Here's the old die-hard gang. So different with the kids gone and so many of our usual attendees have grown up or moved away. Had Spinach Dip, Veggies, Meatballs, Ribs, Chocolate Caramel Brownies, bought Cream Puffs and Chocolate Eclairs. Figured I'd wait to make the Death By Chocolate for Kyle's party later next month.

SIDENOTE #2: Allan's recent trip to Utah. On Saturday he and the kids went to the Saturday session of Conference. Frankly, I am shocked that Allan didn't run that young man to the nearest barber shop!!!!

Allan played Easter bunny and even hid the baskets.

Happy children with their baskets.

18 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Excellent idea. I think we should go to Hawaii too!
You get the tickets, and I'll meet you at the airport.

Cherie said...

I'll go to Hawaii with you!! Hee Hee
My oh my there is alot happening in your family during the month of April - You are not kidding! That is one of the quiet months for us. No birthdays or Anniversaries.
You have a beautiful family Yvonne!

I also LOVE how you get into your NCAA Championship!!

Heffalump said...

Wow that's a lot of Birthdays!

Valerie said...

Our June is like your April... we have at least 10 birthdays within just a couple weeks of each other... it's a crazy (and expensive) month!
Looks like your missionary is growing his hair long one last time... (I think he looks cute!)

aurora said...

Sorry I haven't hopped over here to your blog lately! I am having trouble updating mine these day... Love and hugs to you and yours.
xo

aurora said...

Oh, and as always, you have a LOVELY family. xo

Connie said...

April is a busy month for you! I think it's cute that your husband played Easter Bunny AND took pictures of your cute kids!

Natalie said...

You do have a busy month.
We will be members for 37 years in oct. Sooooooo close to you.:)
Your kids are all so cute and that Kyle-WOW- they will love him as a missionary.
I love how the Easter bunny came to the kids in Utah. So fun.

Macy said...

Kyle promised to cut his hair and Heidi was going to clean her car before Allan got there...I guess we have no photographic proof on whether Heidi kept up her end. :)

Sheri said...

Happy April!!

aubrey said...

well. i must say that you have the most beautiful family. and what a fun month of celebrations! is that really a picture of alan in the hospital holding chris? he looks like a baby..so young! {i hope that is not bad to say??}

brown paper packages said...

That's quite the birthday list! I totally think you should celebrate in Hawaii...

I was rooting for Butler too...but I am definitely NOT a Duke fan, lol! This was probably my worst bracket in history--hopefully next year will be much better!

Heidi said...

Oh---thanks mom for including Daniel!!! That means A LOT to me!!! Thank you for making him a part of our family as he will be;) I need copies of those pics from dad being here---we had fun fighting for those eggs---of course, I won;) Love ya!

ShEiLa said...

April is busy for us too...

9th Nick(BIL)
11th David(BIL)
14th Ted(son)
15th Carma (sister)
24th My Dad
28th Stewart (son)
30th Reagan (niece)

on the 13th (Kyle's b.day)
Ted will be having his wisdom teeth extracted... still recovering on his b.day.

I have thought of you lots Yvonne. Just no computer time... or very little.

ToOdLeS.

mindyluwho said...

Happy Everything to you! What a fun month. And did someone say we were going to Hawaii? Count me in!

Small House said...

SO MUCH GOING ON....AND ALL GOOD THINGS!! What a fun month you are having.....
Have a great day.
Sandra

Melissa said...

You do have lots of birthday's this month! Our January is like that :) It's hard not to be with people to celebrate... you'll have to have mini celebrations in their honor :)

The NCAA Championship... first of all, I know nothing about college basketball, but I still participate in the bracket thing that my family does. I made random picks. And ended up choosing Duke to take it all... why did I pick Duke? Because it reminded me of a song on a Veggie Tales video. Yeah. I won the entire thing and my family is not thrilled that a "non-fan" did so well and picked the winning team because of a children's cartoon :D

chellie said...

Great pictures Yvonne. you must have them so organized somewhere!

I didn't know Heidi had a missionary out... very cool. :)