Friday, May 21, 2010

Days Just Don't Get Much Better Than This


The days are going much too quickly, but they truly don't get much better than today.

It was such a delight to be in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple today with Heidi and Kyle as they went through. (And it was so great that Brent was there with us)

Allan's two sisters and one of his nieces were there as well.

After the temple we went to Market Street Grill for lunch.

On our way down to Utah, we stopped in Idaho Falls and I took a picture of Kyle at that temple. (We didn't leave Winnipeg until Tuesday afternoon, so by Wednesday morning when we left Bismarck we knew we had to put the pedal to the metal in order to get to our destination by Wednesday night. We also decided to go by the Mission Office so we could see where it was--took this picture of Kyle.

Can I just say how thrilled I am to have this picture of these three--the house is so empty without them. I truly am blessed--so much for which to be grateful.

We will go to another temple tomorrow and then on Tuesday take Kyle again. Don't want to think about Wednesday--but at least everything is done on the list.



18 comments:

Macy said...

I'm glad it was a wonderful day. We were thinking of you! And great framing job! I'm glad you posted a picture of it!

Garden of Egan said...

Wow! You were so close I could almost have reached out and touched ya!!!!!
Sounds like you are having a truly wonderful time.
Awesome memories.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for that missionary!

Nancy Face said...

It's so true! Attending the temple with our children is such a wonderful event, never to be forgotten! :)

Heffalump said...

Glad the day was a success!

Klin said...

Love it! My friend from high school has a daughter entering the MTC Wednesday, too. We are attending their ward on Sunday to hear her speak.

Natalie said...

What a wonderful, special, unforgettable day. I'm so happy and excited for you. You have the best children(next to mine, of course). No really, I am genuinely so happy for you.
It is sure a time of mixed emotions, but the good by far outweights our missing our missionaries. Hurray for Kyle doing what the Lord wants him to do. Hurray for you for raising him well. Love and hugs.

ShEiLa said...

What a remarkable and fun day to have two children go through the temple together.

It is hard to put all those emotions in words... but you do a wonderful job Yvonne.

ToOdLeS.

brown paper packages said...

What a perfect, perfect day! I LOVE that first picture of all of you, and the one of the three of them together.

Valerie said...

I'm glad you're making some special memories! And I'm sure it was very comforting to see some of the area that Kyle will be serving in.
Have a good week. Get lots of hugs!
:)

txmommy said...

wow! that picture of your kids, all grown and doing what is right, what a joy:)

Connie said...

You're here in Utah!
I can't believe Wednesday is the day!
It's such a blessing to be able to be in the temple with your children! Take care!

Amber said...

Sigh, it's a bitter-sweet time, isn't it?! I'm so so so thrilled for you, though and what a tremendous blessing it will be for your family.

Sheri said...

How fun and neat for you to be together in the Temples! Good luck with the rest of the week! Hugs!
If you need a hug on Wed. stop by!!:)

Carrot Jello said...

Aw, very sweet. :)

Chantel said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience for you and your family.

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. It sure sounds great! I love the picture of your kids.

utmommy said...

What wonderful experiences!!

Peter said...

How awesome to go by Kyle's mission office. Anyone home? What a great experience to go the the Temple with your kiddos.
Oh and its me, not my hubby making the post.
See you at conference on Sunday.