Friday, May 7, 2010

The Importance of Moms

I saw this idea today and really liked it--you are to write a six word phrase about why mom's matter. It was posted here. I decided to take the challenge. My phrase:

"Moms help us see things clearly"

How about you? What would you write?

Sidenote #1: Tomorrow's the big race. I went to pick up our packets yesterday and am still laughing. The shirt I got is a medium. I expected a t-shirt and it is more a fitted shirt and if I chose to wear it, you would see EVERYTHING.

Sidenote #2: I will be spending time today making chocolate suckers. The question is: How will I do it without doing a lot of sampling????

Sidenote #3: Ironman 2 tonight--I'm excited.

13 comments:

Cherie said...

Great challenge - I came up with:

Moms let us know we matter!

I want to see Ironman 2!!

Doran & Jody said...

Good luck on the race!!!
Can't wait to see pictures :)

Garden of Egan said...

Good luck with the race and the NOT eating chocolate suckers. Ya, about that fitted shirt....go for it!

carolyne b said...

Mothering-24 hrs 7 days a week--okay thats 7 words but one is short.
good luck on tomorrows race!!!!

Yvonne said...

Cherie: I love yours--great job.

Jody: Thanks. I am nervous.

garden of eden: Thanks.

carolynne: Nice job--I know it's 7 but I still like it.

I hope it's not too cold tomorrow.

Macy said...

Good luck on the race!

Klin said...

WV= reademit

Mom's read em it :) So appropriate for your post!!!

Good luck on your run and uh, tight t's are not my thing or my girls thing. Have fun with that ;)

I wanna see Ironman 2! It's not in the budget for a few weeks.

Sheri said...

Good luck tomorrow! You are amazing and inspiring!
Moms are the best comfort Zone!

Nancy Face said...

I think I make my kids see things more clearly than they'd like to! ;)

Who would give out FITTED shirts for a race? Foolish, haha!

Natalie said...

Good luck on the race.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Valerie said...

I'm sure today is the race.... GOOD LUCK!!!

Here's my phrase:
Moms: There through good and bad.

Glad you liked Iron Man. I'll probably go in the next week or two.

Heidi said...

That is tough, but first I just want to tell you how grateful I am to have you for my mother (and no I am not trying to suck up like Brent;p) you have always been there for me and have loved me through it all--even though some of it has been tough love;p Thank you for never giving up on me!!! I love you tons!!!

Whitney said...

Mom's see and encourage our magnificence

And congrats on the race!