Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Race

WE DID IT. I would like to say I ran at a great speed, but it didn't happen ; ( I keep telling myself the important thing is I FINISHED. (And it is the important thing) I am happy to report that I didn't come in last.

Now, as for Kyle--HE DID GREAT. I'm so glad he ran with me. I know he is pretty sore. (Not only are his legs sore, but his face is still a little sore from the wisdom teeth extraction) It's a little different when you have been training and running, but when you haven't ran, your body just isn't ready for it. He did it in a great time. (I was very impressed)

A few pics:



We took a picture before we left the house.

You can see it was an absolutely beautiful day. We have had rain, rain, rain the last few days. In fact, when I went to run the hills on Tuesday night I got SOAKED. But this morning was gorgeous. I love our park--it is so pretty. The course was not bad (just wish it had been a little shorter, but then it wouldn't have been 10K, would it ; )

Allan came and took pictures. Poor guy thought he had an interview at 11:00, so he had to come in a suit--turns out the interview isn't until 1 p.m. He got us at the starting line. My instructor, Kristin, and Kristi who also helps were at the starting line. I was explaining to them about my t-shirt fiasco. (Doesn't Kyle look thrilled???)

Right before we started--adjusted iPods and watches, etc.

Kyle took off and ran ahead of me which was fine. I didn't expect him to run with me. I told him when I run the race next year and the following year I will have this great memory ; ) Here he is on his first loop.

I ran a pretty good time--I was quite happy. My goal is always to finish the race standing up, smiling, and NOT LAST. I did it.

Sidenote: Kyle is speaking in our Ward tomorrow. What a great Mother's Day gift, eh ; )











22 comments:

Macy said...

Congrats! Good for you!

Garden of Egan said...

Good for you both!!!!
Ya, you won't have a dry eye tomorrow will ya?
My heart is with you.
Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Super Happy Girl said...

Way to go! You are so awesome!
All that hard work is paying off :)

Kyle does look thrilled.

Doran & Jody said...

Woot!! I am so happy for you!! I was thinking of you all morning and wishing I could have text you before the race.

I have been waiting to read about your run!!

What was your time?

Doin' the HAPPY DANCE for you!!

Cherie said...

Yayyyyy for you Yvonne - Can you hear me yelling "Hooray" for you!!
You are definately "The Woman".

I just love you. You are such a wonderful mother, friend, example. I am just thrilled you ran this race and did so well!

I bet Kyle thinks his mom is just pretty cool!

Don't you love it when your kid's speak on Mother's Day. My daughter is speaking for the second year in a row tomorrow. I can't wait. She had to speak as a Senior last year - in our ward all the Seniors speak on Mother's day. But this year she is in the singles ward and they asked her again.

Have a Happy Mother's day!!

Janice said...

look at you! I'm so impressed. way to go.

Nancy Face said...

GREAT JOB!!! :)

Sheri said...

Look at you inyour skinny running pants!! You look great! Congrats on running and finishing the race!!

aurora said...

That is really great, Yvonne. I am so impressed!

utmommy said...

Hey I did a race today too!!

brown paper packages said...

You are a skinny minny! Congrats on the race...great job!!

Btw--I just got home from a trip to Canada--to Toronto for Time Out for Women. I was thinking of you (even though I know that's not where you live. :))

Valerie said...

Again, you are a wonderful inspiration! Congratulations on finishing another goal! And I'm so glad you got to run with Kyle before he leaves!
Enjoy his talk tomorrow!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Connie said...

Impressive! What a fun thing to do with your son. I bet the others thought your husband was a VIP coming to film the race in his suit!

ShEiLa said...

fantastic!
way to go... both of you.
The weather sure looked near perfect. WE have had more wind here lately... and I just can't stand the wind. Asthma, allergies and the like don't mix with the wind well either.

ToOdLeS.

JustRandi said...

I'm so proud of you! You're right - standing is the best way to finish!

Heidi said...

I am sooooooooooooo impressed mom--you rock! I kept bragging to everyone about it! Daniel's fam was impressed and they look forward to meeting you and dad and the fam!!!

aubrey said...

hooray! congratulations, yvonne! i hope you had a wonderful mother's day! i think you're an amazing mother and such an example to me.

Gina said...

Way to go! You amaze me with how you reach your goals! GO YVONNE!

Amber said...

You are a rock star. A thousand congrats and you are looking skinny, girl!

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

mindyluwho said...

I am SO impressed and INSPIRED! Way to go! And you look FABULOUS!

Tonya said...

You are AMAZING! And you look fabulous!! I'm glad you guys were able to do this together.