And then in April I joined the "Spring Into Summer" Challenge. This was a much shorter challenge--not as intense. A couple of my friends joined me in this challenge and we had a great time doing it. Again, I won something--this time I won jewelry from here. I chose these lovely earrings and can't wait until they get here.
So, now I'm on my own--we'll see how I do. I hope I have developed some habits that will help me. These things have become a habit:
- Exercising 30 minutes a day
- Drinking 8 glasses of water
- Be ready to present myself to the world by 11 a.m.--that one is tougher in the winter than the summer, because I can get out and run very early during the summer and so getting my exercising done and then being showered and ready by 11 is easy
- My kitchen clean before I go to to bed
- No eating after 9 pm
- Take 15 minutes for myself each day--THIS IS NEVER A PROBLEM FOR ME ; )
- One treat a day--It will be interesting to see how I do with this
- Two fruits and three vegetables (I'm going to continue to eat the vegetables, but sometimes I feel like I'm eating too much sugar with the fruit)
Both challenges were a great experience. The best part of all has been meeting some fabulous women who have taught me a great deal. Funny, but you realize that the world is a very small place. There are some pretty incredible women out there.
Sidenote #1: Allan and I got e-mails from Elder Rob yesterday. (BTW, until I get some pics from him, I will have to put an old picture up here when I talk about him ; ) This picture was taken some 17 years ago at the Provo Temple--he was able to go there on Monday. I love Mondays and just keep getting on my computer waiting for his e-mail. It was great to hear from him. He is doing well. He is loving the MTC. This makes his mama very happy.
Sidenote #2: I took a hot yoga class this afternoon. I have taken a couple of yoga classes before (when I've been on a cruise) and my Biggest Loser workouts usually have a little yoga as the cool down, but let me tell you--there was no cooling down with this. It was hard, mainly because it was so hot in the room. (I thought it was called "hot yoga" because it was a class for "hot" people ; ) Yeah, SURE!!!! ) I bought a month-long pass so we'll see how many times I get to a class ; )