Tuesday, June 8, 2010

After 6 Months

After 6 months the challenges I have been involved in are coming to an end.

Back in January I joined the "Resolutionary Challenge". It was a 12 week challenge. I had a great time and it was a great thing to get me to accomplish some goals. It was hard, but I loved it. Besides losing weight and feeling better, I won a $75 gift certificate.

And then in April I joined the "Spring Into Summer" Challenge. This was a much shorter challenge--not as intense. A couple of my friends joined me in this challenge and we had a great time doing it. Again, I won something--this time I won jewelry from here. I chose these lovely earrings and can't wait until they get here.

So, now I'm on my own--we'll see how I do. I hope I have developed some habits that will help me. These things have become a habit:
  • Exercising 30 minutes a day
  • Drinking 8 glasses of water
  • Be ready to present myself to the world by 11 a.m.--that one is tougher in the winter than the summer, because I can get out and run very early during the summer and so getting my exercising done and then being showered and ready by 11 is easy
  • My kitchen clean before I go to to bed
  • No eating after 9 pm
  • Take 15 minutes for myself each day--THIS IS NEVER A PROBLEM FOR ME ; )
Things that I haven't totally adopted:
  • One treat a day--It will be interesting to see how I do with this
  • Two fruits and three vegetables (I'm going to continue to eat the vegetables, but sometimes I feel like I'm eating too much sugar with the fruit)
We have had other challenges that have caused me to stretch. The one that I really, really want to work harder at is the "Know Your Neighbor" challenge that was presented. I need to be more outgoing and am going to work harder at this.

Both challenges were a great experience. The best part of all has been meeting some fabulous women who have taught me a great deal. Funny, but you realize that the world is a very small place. There are some pretty incredible women out there.

Sidenote #1: Allan and I got e-mails from Elder Rob yesterday. (BTW, until I get some pics from him, I will have to put an old picture up here when I talk about him ; ) This picture was taken some 17 years ago at the Provo Temple--he was able to go there on Monday. I love Mondays and just keep getting on my computer waiting for his e-mail. It was great to hear from him. He is doing well. He is loving the MTC. This makes his mama very happy.

Sidenote #2: I took a hot yoga class this afternoon. I have taken a couple of yoga classes before (when I've been on a cruise) and my Biggest Loser workouts usually have a little yoga as the cool down, but let me tell you--there was no cooling down with this. It was hard, mainly because it was so hot in the room. (I thought it was called "hot yoga" because it was a class for "hot" people ; ) Yeah, SURE!!!! ) I bought a month-long pass so we'll see how many times I get to a class ; )

15 comments:

Sheri said...

Congratulations on completing the challenges and it is always fun to win something too! I love the earrings! You are well on your way and I think the things that have become habits far out weigh those that haven't yet! It is great to have something fabulous to look forward to on Mondays! Glad he is enjoying himself. Thank you for you insight and comments to me! Love ya!

Jess said...

It sounds like you accomplished a lot with your challenges. That is awesome. I have always been curious about hot yoga. Keep us updated on how you like it.

Heffalump said...

Just more reasons for me to look up to you!

ShEiLa said...

You go girl with the hot yoga stuff. Ü

I think our seasons are switched up when it comes to the 'Be ready to present myself to the world' kind of challenge.

I have noticed a desire to stay in all day... since it has climbed past 100 on the thermometer. Mind you I shower but I stick in comfy clothes all day too... poor UPS man that comes to the door and I am in a t-shirt without a bra... shame on me.

ToOdLeS.

Garden of Egan said...

You have done so well. I should have been challenging with you!

You should be so proud of yourself.

Natalie said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge. You always amaze me with all the things that you do.

The hot yoga class actually sounds like fun.

I'm sure your elder is doing just great. How awesome that he is serving the Lord and doing what he should be doing. He will alway be blessed for that.

You look sooooooo great in all of your pictures. Keep up your good work.

Hugs.

txmommy said...

wow, that is awesome!! You are an inspiration to me... I need to join you on all those challenges.

the earrings are really pretty!

Doran & Jody said...

Woot for you!

I so envy you and all the classes that you are able to attend. Good job! And good luck on your running class. Remember to send your notes to me!

carolyne b said...

Oh yeah hot yoga is certainly not for hot folks. You sweat buckets and need to drink lots of water to keep hydrated. But if you stick it out its lots of fun...glad to here your young elder is doing great at the MTC.

Heidi said...

Way to go mom!!! You are AMAZING! Keep it up you can do it!

Super Happy Girl said...

Yay for Elder Rob!

I think it's so cool that you did what you did and then got goodies...on top of losing weight and creating good habits. You can't beat that. Way to go.

"No eating after 9 pm" I have never tried that. This totally rocked my world.

Chelli said...

Congratulations on finishing your challenges!! Way to go!!

My cousin does Hot Yoga and she says it's the most amazing thing. She won't go back to regular yoga again...

brown paper packages said...

Way to go on all your challenges! That is so awesome! You are definitely an inspiration.

Tori said...

Yvonne- you ROCK! I just think you are awesome.

mindyluwho said...

I LOVE the earrings you won! They are beautiful!

I'm so glad to have found out about the challenge through you! I loved it so much! I'll blog about it eventually, but this last week I've been sick so all the habits I gained are pretty much shot for now. But as soon as I am better I am back to doing most of them. The hardest ones for me were eating the veggies and cleaning the kitchen before bed, but I rocked on the other ones! And I learned so much about myself in the process. Thanks for getting me involved!