Saturday, June 26, 2010

Great Places/Great Visits

I arrived in California and am been having a great time visiting with some great people.

Friday night Neal picked me up at the C's where I am staying and we headed out for dinner. He asked if there was any place special I wanted to go. I said it was up to him and he took me here. I was happy as a clam--the hot dogs here are delicious.


After dinner, Neal dropped me off here. It was wonderful. The session was great. Obviously, this place holds some wonderful memories for me. When I worked in Oakland, I used to go up to the grounds on my lunch hour. I always felt better just being there. I still feel that way.


Then this afternoon Priscilla and I headed here for lunch. Can we just say YUM-MY!!!! I called Allan and told him where I was--HE WAS JEALOUS.

Then tonight Priscilla and I went to Pat and Dennis's for dinner. The meal was wonderful and the visiting was THE BEST. I'm so blessed to have such great friends. Whenever we get together, it's as if we were together yesterday. I LOVE IT.

Tomorrow is my niece's graduation party--I'm excited about surprising my sisters.

Sidenote: I ran today at a little park that had a track. I put on my moleskin on my feet, my double-layer socks and was shocked when I was running on the track because some guy went running by BAREFOOT.



14 comments:

utmommy said...

Glad you are having fun! I love the Oakland Temple, it is so beautiful!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you're having a great time on your vacation! Sorry I don't get here as often as I'd like! ***hugs***

Cherie said...

This post tickled me! I too am Bay Area girl born and raised (my hubby too) and whenever we visit we definately have to visit our favorite food places! We were married in the Oakland Temple.
Anyway enough about me I am so glad you are having a GREAT time visiting friends and eating yummy good and I think surprises are so fun and your sisters are going to love this surprise!!! Enjoy!

Heffalump said...

Sounds like you are having some lovely and wonderful fun!

Nancy Face said...

So glad you're having fun and got to enjoy a wonderful temple session there!

Apparently barefoot running is a new trend! Foolish! I will NOT be joining in on it...I love my Asics!

Doran & Jody said...

Sounds like you are having fun!
As far as running with bare feet. Not me.

However, there is a guy in our old ward that is from Zimbabwe and he rarely wears shoes, even in the winter. The only time I saw him with shoes on was at church (no socks) and he would wear them to work.

I actually saw him a couple of weeks ago at a park nearby carrying his shoes, walking on the sidewalk that goes around the park. Ca Ra Ze!

Sheri said...

I always wanted to get married in the Oakland Temple - random I know, since I grew up here, but I think it is beautiful!! glad you are having fun - great food and friends are the best combination!!

Klin said...

Sooo beautiful. Just got back from Cali at about 3 AM this morning and I miss it already. Actually I miss my extended family, but the weather was gorgeous for us.

It is fun to surprise family. We did that for a wedding and it was great.

ShEiLa said...

Here in Nevada you could run barefoot and risk 3rd degree burns on the bottom of your feet... OUCH!

I like shoes for outdoors.

Have a great visit!!!

ToOdLeS.

mindyluwho said...

The Oakland Temple is where we used to go before we got the Sacramento Temple. Such a beautiful place! Any chance you are coming North? Would be fun to say hi!

Valerie said...

Ooooh good! You're on your trip! It looks like you've already settled in visiting old favorites and learning about new favorites. Feels good to be "home" doesn't it?
Have a GREAT time! Can't wait to hear about surprising your sisters!

Natalie said...

So glad you're enjoying your visit. I love Ca. I think I'm a California girl. I also just love the Oakland temple. I hope you keep on having a wonderful visit.

brown paper packages said...

You're making me hungry, talking about all that yummy food! Glad your visit was so wonderful with your friends!

Running barefoot? Ouch.

Connie said...

I hope you have a fabulous time!
It's good you can do the things you love, such as go to the temple, run and eat good food with good people!

Barefoot running doesn't sound like much fun!