Thursday, July 8, 2010

I LOVE AMERICA

I wasn't going to post this, but then I decided that if it's not here I won't remember what I did to celebrate the 4th.

I live in Canada and I love living there, but I will always be an American. I get choked up whenever I hear the National Anthem. It was a real treat for me to be in the United States for the 4th of July and to be able to sing the National Anthem during Church.

We had a wonderful celebration. We went up to Lake Tahoe so the kids could enjoy fun in the sun and watch the fireworks.

Drew loved being in the pool















Hannah and her cousin Alec had fun playing in the sand.
















B is such a fun kid--I think he's using this on his facebook profile.




















We were hoping to have the newest little one born by the 4th, but I'll settle for a picture with these cute kids.














I sure hope poor mom doesn't have to wait too much longer to have this baby--her due date is today, but I just don't know.



















We had a long wait for the fireworks, but it was so worth it. The kids were very patient.















I'm only supposed to be here until the 16th, but since there is still no baby, I think I'm going to have to change my ticket. In spite of the fact that I left Winnipeg on the 25th, I wouldn't have changed anything because it was so fun to surprise my sisters, be there for Kelly at her graduation party, and spend time with my Uncle Jerry. I just hope Stephen and Daphne don't get tired of having me here.

Sidenote #1: Congratulations to my son, Brent, who ran his first 5K race the beginning of the week. Without any training he ran it in 27:38. Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised, I can barely keep up with him when I walk with him anywhere.

Sidenote #2: I'm happy that Heidi has gotten here. She went out running with me this morning--well, she was ahead of me the whole time, but it was still fun to have her there.



18 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

momGreat post! I love it!

I took care of a missionary in the ER on Sunday. Seems that he and a bunch of missionaries were biking over the Jackson Pass on Saturday (pday) and my patient had a slight mishap that ended in a broken wrist. Silly boy.
Looked for your handsome son but he wasn't with him.

txmommy said...

how fun!! Everyone looks so summery!

Cherie said...

You look like you could be the mom and not the grandma of all those cute kids!!
Lake Tahoe is a fun place and I'm glad you got to spend the 4th in the US - there is just something about singing those patriotic songs in church :D
Hope that baby comes soon.

Connie said...

I hope that baby comes soon! Looks like you're having a great time with everyone! I'm sure they're happy you're there!

Valerie said...

I doubt that Daphne will get tired of you! I hope you can stay until that little bundle of joy finally arrives!!

I had a friend at Lake Tahoe recently too. It's beautiful. I think I'd like to see it someday.

Funny.... just like Garden of Egan, I keep looking at all the missionaries thinking I'll see a familiar face!!

mindyluwho said...

Lucky you! Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place.

Small House said...

Glad you were able to have a great weekend with your family at Lake Tahoe. And glad you shared it with us!!

Nancy Face said...

I loved church on July 4th! We had the American flag displayed up on the stand, and we sang the National Anthem as the closing hymn. The deacons all dressed in their full scout uniforms for church to show their patriotism, and since they weren't in their proper white dress shirts, the elders quorum passed the Sacrament. It was great! :)

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

brown paper packages said...

Oh, am I jealous! Lake Tahoe makes me homesick...HOW fun!

Love all the pics, as usual. Happy 4th!

ShEiLa said...

I bet you are going crazy inside... just wanna meet your new grand-daughter so bad.

I am glad you have gotten to do so many fun things.

Enjoy your trip.

ToOdLeS.

Millie said...

Like! Beautiful pictures!!

I love America too :)

Heidi said...

Such fun pics! I love B's hair;p I agree--he sure is a great kid! It was soooo fun seeing everyone! It was fun to run with you--well, sort of with you;p You are amazing at all the endurance you have--I am still sore--I am such a wuss!

aubrey said...

sounds like a wonderful 4th! i'm glad you had a nice time!

Heffalump said...

Lovely!
I hope the new baby makes an appearance soon!

Amber said...

Ahhh, I just love when Canadians love America!

But I don't love it when someone can just pick up and run a 5K without any training. :)