Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's Been a Fun Week

I've been in California a little over a week. It has been great spending time with friends and family. The past few days I have been enjoying my time with my kids and grandkids. They have had fun playing with the Lincoln Logs, going out for ice cream, and playing at the baseball field. It's been so cute to hear all the fun things they say. I had to laugh when little Drew fed Barron, their Black Lab. He put the dog dish down and said, "Bon Appetit, Bare". I was sitting here just chuckling.

it would all be so much better if the little one would come--I'm only here for a couple of more weeks and I want to have more time to play with her. I went to the doctor with Daph--no change, but we're hoping.

Daph is such a trooper--today we went out to go mini-golfing and riding the go-carts in the heat of the day. (No, she didn't ride the go-carts.

I think Drew was very happy that his big brother, Jason, came home for the weekend so he could ride the go-carts with him.

Hannah rode with her dad

Brandon rode alone--poor guy, I think he had the slowest go-cart. (Drew was very happy when he and J overtook B's car.)

I do have to admit, I wonder what this little guy will do when he is no longer the baby ; (

It was so fun to see that some 30 years ago, he was playing

And now, he's out there coaching a ten-year-old All Star team. The other night we went to watch a practice game. I loved listening to one of the moms talk to Daph about how they are trying to figure out how to get their son on Stephen's team. He really is a great coach. The kids love him.

I hope to have some pictures of the little baby in the VERY near future. We were really hoping she'd be born today--it would have been my MIL's 92nd birthday. The blanket just needs to have the ends finished off and I have to do the trim.

Sidenote: Allan had a great time in Utah with the other kids. Heidi will be flying here on Wednesday, so I'll get to spend a few days with her, too. Can't wait. (Hopefully, we'll get a chance to go see New Moon--I still haven't seen it. (Oops, when I published this I said "New Moon"--meant "Eclipse".

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT 4TH OF JULY--I'm so excited to be in the U.S. for the 4th.

19 comments:

Klin said...

You gotta see New Moon cause you just have to see Eclipse! It rocks.

So glad you are having fun and getting to spend time with your family.

I sure hope your little granddaughter gets here soon. She will love meeting you.

Neal said...

Nice job on the blanket!!

ShEiLa said...

Miss Daph looks ready to have a baby... Yvonne... maybe you should have a word with the Little Miss.

By the looks of your photos... you have been having lots of fun with family. Good for you.

ToOdLeS.

Cherie said...

Yvonne so Happy you are having a great time with your family - And that you get to spend the 4th in the U.S. I sometimes forget you are Canadian.

Your grandkids are SO Stinkin' Adorable!! That smile on the little guy...what a cute boy!!!

I hope the baby gets here soon!!

Have a Wonderful Sunday!!

Heffalump said...

Have fun! I hope the baby comes soon!

mindyluwho said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time. I hope for Daphne's sake (and yours) that baby comes soon!

Connie said...

Looks like you are having a blast with the fam! Such cute pictures. I love the blanket and I hope the baby arrives soon!

Take care! Happy 4th to you!

Natalie said...

What a cute litte guy! Hope that baby comes soon. We waiting for a babay this week too.
Love the blanket. Good job.
Enjoy the rest of your visit.

brown paper packages said...

That blanket is darling---I love it.
I hope she has her baby soon!

Looks like you're having a wonderful time--Happy 4th!!

Tonya said...

I love the blanket. You did a great job on it. I'm glad you are having fun. Happy 4th of July Yvonne!

Small House said...

Glad you're enjoying your time with your family! The pictures of your grandkids are adorable!! Enjoy!!
Sandra

Sheri said...

That is one cute little boy!! Glad you are having a good time!! Enjoy the rest!! ( I meant the rest of the time - not that you are just resting!! ;) )

Nancy Face said...

Great family pictures, and a wonderful job on the baby blanket!

Eclipse is sooo good! Lar Face and I went the first night (big surprise, huh?) but CC Face was out of town, so we'll just have to go see it again now that she's back home! :D

Amber said...

Wow, what an amazing time you're having with your family!

Poor Daphne. The woman is my inspiration because she's at least smiling. :)

Zach Face said...

Let me tell you something: mini golf, go-karts, and baseball are legit. They are legit beyond compare, so I respect you for talking about all three. :)

Lei said...

Those are wonderful pictures!

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Super Happy Girl said...

ITA with Zach Face!
You got a seriously cute family.

Valerie said...

The baby afgan is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!
Glad you're having such a good time in CA enjoying your family. Hope the baby comes soon! (Daphne is a very cute pregnant mama!)