Monday, July 19, 2010

Let Me Introduce You to Georgia Capri


I'd like to introduce you all to the newest member of my family: Miss Georgia Capri. (When I first did the post she didn't have a name)

It was quite an exciting day. You all know that we have been waiting for quite awhile for this little one. She was due on the 8th of July, but Stephen and Daphne both thought she was going to come early--part of the reason I came out as early as iIdid. Because of all the things that happened that allowed me to meet my uncle, I'm more than happy that I was able to come early.

Today we went to Church and she was feeling fine. When we got home Stephen and two of the kids and I went to the park so Daph could get some rest (she had a friend who was going to come over from Church to give her a massage). Anyway about an hour after we were home, Daph said to Stephen, "I think we need to go to the hospital. I've been having contractions for a couple of hours and they're fairly close together". So Daph, Kiah, and Stephen all headed down the hill. The kids and I hung out here and waited. A couple of hours later I got a text from Stephen saying things were happening pretty fast and we should probably head there. We got there about 5 minutes before she was born. The kids were very excited when they heard her cry. Daph's first baby, Jason was a C-section, so that's always been a concern and we were so glad that Daphne didn't have to go through another C-section.

After a little while we were able to go in and see her. Daphne and Stephen wanted Kiah to have a chance to really get to know her sister, so she was in the room when Daph delivered the baby. It was quite an experience for Kiah. (I can't believe I didn't get a picture of her holding the baby.)

But, I do have other pics. My beautiful daughter in law who has been a trooper through this whole pregnancy. I don't think she has slowed down AT ALL. She had every intention of having an epidural but had NOTHING. I'm amazed how great she looks less than an hour after giving birth to a 8 lb. 12 oz baby.

























The little ones were so excited. Drew is so thrilled to be a big brother. When we got home and i was pouring him some milk before he was going to bed he said, "I'm so happy I have a baby sister. She is adorable." When he saw her he wanted to play hide n seek.



















We haven't had a baby girl in our family since Hannah was born 10 years ago. Interesting little note--Daph was born on a Sunday 39 years ago, in 1990 Kiah was born on a Sunday, in 2000 Hannah was born on a Sunday, and in 2010 this little girl was born ON A SUNDAY ; ) Hannah was talking about how much fun it is going to be to share things with her little sister--well, we'll see when she is 13 and the baby is 3--very much like it was when she was 3 and Kiah was 13 ; )


















I got a little too emotional and didn't wear waterproof mascara, but I guess that's life. I'll make sure that doesn't happen in the next ones.






















And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture of the whole family--well, minus Jason who lives in Oregon.

19 comments:

Macy said...

Congrats, guys!!

Nancy Face said...

Oh, so precious! The pictures are wonderful! :)

Sheri said...

Beautiful! congrats!!

Small House said...

Congratulations!!!! What an adorable baby, and lovely family!!

ShEiLa said...

Conratulations!!! I love her name and the whole Sunday story. I am so glad that you all finally got to meet each other.

ToOdLeS.

Heffalump said...

I'm glad you finally got to meet your new Granddaughter!

Cherie said...

They are a very beautiful family!
Congratulations on your newest granddaughter!
I love her name :D

brown paper packages said...

Congratulations!! Baby and momma are both beautiful, and I :heart: her name!

Neal said...

Awesome pic of the family!!!!!

Klin said...

Wahoo!!!! She's here!!! I love the pictures and the story behind her.

Your DIL does look great after delivery.

Congratulations grandma.

Janice said...

wow, that's your Stephen?! I can't remember the last time I saw him. And they have all those kids? Wow! Such a beautiful family!!!!

Garden of Egan said...

Oh, congratulations!
Everyone looks so beautiful! Even your mascara smeared face!

JustRandi said...

she is so beautiful! Congratulations!!

Valerie said...

Everyone looks great! Congratulations!!
(you look beautiful too! These new spirits bring forth the tenderest emotions...)

Connie said...

She's here! She's beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!

Heidi said...

Sooooo glad she FINALLY had her:) Such an exciting time--wish I could have been there, oh well...

Super Happy Girl said...

Congrats!
And how does she look so beautiful right after having a baby?
;)

Doran & Jody said...

Ah...congrats!!

Natalie said...

Congrats on beautiful Miss Georgia. Grandchildren are the best and you've got some great ones. Just look at their grandma though. :)
I love all the pictures and the story too.
What a beautiful, beautiful family.