Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Brent


This cute little guy was born 25 years ago. He has been such a blessing to our family. He has worked hard and has overcome many obstacles in his life. It has been a privilege for me to be his mama. I know that I have shared this before, but it is something I will never forget. When we received his autism diagnosis, we were told he would never understand religion. Well, one Easter I put a box of Legos in his Easter basket. When he found his basket, he looked in it and said, "Legos are great, but the Atonement is such a better gift". I THINK HE UNDERSTOOD.

In spite of it all of his struggles, he has never stopped smiling. I wish I was in Utah to celebrate with him today. I know he's going to have a FANTASTIC DAY.

I wanted to do something different on my blog today, so I'm going to share one of his little productions. Ever since he was a little guy he has had a love for movies. When we would get together for family reunions, he would come with a script and everyone would have a role to play in his production. And 2002 at Park City was no different--he had written this story for us to do. It was a whole lot of fun and in honor of his birthday, I present: THE ULTIMATE WATCH.



13 comments:

Cherie said...

That is such a neat story - I think you're right...he understands! And obviously also loves and understands the love of a family!!
Happy Birthday!!!!

Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful story!
Happy Birthday!

ShEiLa said...

Happy Birthday Brent!

Great production.

ToOdLeS.

Heffalump said...

Happy Birthday to Brent!

Connie said...

He's pretty good at making movies! I didn't see you in the movie!

Happy Birthday Brent!

Sheri said...

I love it! What a great young man!! Happy Birthday!

utmommy said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Nancy Face said...

I hope he had a great birthday! He is AWESOME! :)

brown paper packages said...

I LOVE that story! Happy Birthday, Brent!

Heidi said...

Oh--such good memories;) I am glad I got to spend some time with him. I have ALWAYS admired him and loved him and tried to be a good big protective sister...he is just amazing!!!

Corrine said...

his little picture, with the wide mouth and drool just made me smile. the video didn't pop up for me. but happy birthday to a great guy. you always do such amazing birthday tributes.

Super Happy Girl said...

Happy birthday Brent!
That was excellent :D

Valerie said...

What an excellent movie and an excellent family that supports Brent in helping him to create his productions! Way to go!!