Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Love Traveling--Part I

First of all--We are sitting at the airport in Calgary and will be home in a couple of hours. If I can get on and look at blogs, I will. If not, I will read tomorrow ; )

Yes, the title of my blog says it all "The Life and Travels of Me". I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about our trip to Banff--except to say it was wonderful.

When we arrived in Calgary on Thursday, Allan had business meetings. When he returned we headed out to see where the new temple was going to be built. It is going to be beautiful--as they always are.

On Friday we drove down to Cardston. I think the Cardston temple is so beautiful. I took pictures from all directions--I really should have got one from the entrance.








Then we headed to Glacier National Park. We were so smart to go into the U.S. because Allan has a pass that gets us into any of the National Parks for free (It pays to be OLD ; ) The park was beautiful. We saw some incredible scenery and even a few animals.






























Thankfully we had our GPS and we left Glacier and headed to Banff. BTW, I think our little GPS got tired of me making fun of her with her "RECALCULATING" garbage and she will not talk any more. So I have to read her--I miss her telling us what to do.

We got into Banff and checked into our hotel. Here is the view from our room--two pictures. The first one was the evening we arrived.
















The other was on Sunday--when we had a little snow.
















We walked all around the city of Banff. There is a Park Administration Building that has the most beautiful flowers. I told Allan--gee, it looks just like our backyard.




































When you have a brown thumb you are just totally in awe of flowers like this in a garden.














I love this picture because of the bee flying between two flowers--I'm fascinated with nature, so this was GREAT.


















On Saturday night we met up with a couple from Winnipeg. He has taken a job in Alberta and part of the family has moved there. He is one of Allan's counselors. It was wonderful to have dinner together. I will miss them very much.

On Sunday we attended the branch in Banff. The meetings were wonderful. Before the meeting started a lady came up and was talking to Allan and I was trying so hard to figure out who she was--then it hit me. She was a woman who lived in Winnipeg years ago when we first moved into the Ward. She is a great lady and it was so fun to have a few minutes to visit with her. She was visiting Banff. I thought the building was so unique.

Testimony meeting was so uplifting. I would just like to talk about one of the men who bore his testimony. He was a man in his early 50's and got up and said that on August 7th he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and on September 17th he was having surgery to remove the tumor. He talked about how hearing news like that causes you to spend a lot of time thinking about your own mortality and you view things in a whole different way. He talked about how certain things become very unimportnat. He bore one of the strongest testimonies of the Plan of Salvation. I was so touched and strengthened.

I had to ask myself: Do I have that kind of faith?





14 comments:

glittersmama said...

I love your pictures from this trip. It looks like it was relaxing.

and
hahahaha about your GPS. I get so annoyed with mine's ridiculous directions sometimes. It's a good thing I don't keep a hammer in the car, or I might have bashed the screen in.

Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful scenery! The mountains are stunning.

Have a safe trip home.

Heffalump said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We don't travel much at all, so it's nice to see your travels.

Sheri said...

Beautiful pictures!! Thank you for sharing. P.S. I am sure you do!!

ShEiLa said...

Gorgeous photos flowers, scenery, animal life. I bet you loved it.
I recognized that temple... as we were just there.

ToOdLeS.

Cherie said...

This sounds like a wonderful trip. I would love to explore Canada more. It seems like it is such a beautiful place - I love your pictures. The picture with the bee in between the flowers is a great shot!!
I have been to Glacier and it is SO NEAT!!
Your views from your hotel room are breathtaking.

Cherie said...

P.S. I have never even seen a picture of the Cardston Temple - It is not only beautiful but very unique. Cool!

Neal said...

GREAT pictures...I want to go there!

Natalie said...

What a wonderful trip. The scenery is just beautiful and I love the nature shots.


I love traveling too and I'm glad that you get to do so much and then share with us. Thanks

Someday I really want to go to Canada.

Valerie said...

LOVE the pictures! You and your camera take amazing photos!

I think I could love Banff... I think maybe I should plan a trip up there. Hmmmm.... next summer maybe?

I love how we are all connected in the church. You can go anywhere, even across the country, and find people you know. I'm happy you got to reconnect with people you know and love!

Keep taking pictures! I love how they are turning out!

Doran & Jody said...

Oh wonderful!
I am SO ready for a trip!!!

JustRandi said...

I can not believe how beautiful that place is!!
What a wonderful thing to do! I'm just a little bit jealous.

Corrine said...

what an amazingly beautiful trip. and like you i am always in awe of flowers and gardens because i have brown hands :) no gardening skills here.

i think you'd have the faith, amazing what life can teach us.

Connie said...

You're so lucky to be able to travel to such beautiful places! Love the scene from your hotel window!