I came across this great quote the other day from Elder Maxwell. "Duties are not to be rejected on the basis of I've done all that before, as if God were required to supply us with new thrills. Mortality has been described by the Lord as being like working in a vineyard--never as an afternoon at a carnival."
Don't you just love it.
I found these questions on a piece of paper in a notebook, so I'm not sure where I read them, but they have me thinking:
- What motivates you spiritually?
- What is one gospel subject that you enjoy studying?
- What meaningful activities bring you the most joy?
- Which of those activities help you feel closer to Christ?
- What qualities do you have that can help others feel closer to Christ?
How about you?
SIDENOTE: In case you meet or see Allan and/or me in the near future and you wonder if we're a little different than you remember, we'll blame it on this cloud formation that greeted us when we arrived in Banff. (More about the trip later)