Friday, September 17, 2010

What a Difference a Few Days Makes



On Monday I posted this picture of the tree in front of my house. I LOVE FALL and I love seeing the colors change. And, I'm so glad I took the picture because the temperatures are falling (and obviously, so are the leaves). Here's what the tree looked like this morning.

It's funny because when I get up in the morning I look at my iPod and scroll through the weather sites I have bookmarked which are all the different cities where my kids live (6 different ones) Quite often the little Elder and our temperatures are pretty close. The little Texans have been the warmest ; ) I'm enjoying the cooler temperatures here, but I REALLY don't want to think about what's coming. Soon it will be time to get my little spikes out for my running shoes.

Speaking of our little Elder, he's doing great which makes this mama very happy. I'm so grateful that we get those weekly e-mails. It's hard for me to believe he's been out for 16 weeks. And I get so excited when he sends me a photo CD. In the one I received recently I found this picture. I love his little face. He and his companion found this little kitten under their car. What makes me laugh is they named the kitten after a former Bishop in one of their Wards who they think is awesome because he is so missionary focused and is always so willing to help out with the work ; )

He's having a great experience. And I just have to add--I LOVE THAT YOUNG MAN.



10 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

That tree is beautiful!!!
Well, it was while it lasted.

Cute Elder!
I'm still hoping I get to see him.

ShEiLa said...

Poor little bare naked tree. :(
It was so lovely... fall. Perfect name for the season. All of the leaves fell off.

I am glad your Elder is doing so very well. Such a kind heart looking out for the kitten.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

I love Fall. That tree was so pretty. Now it will have to wait til Spring.

You have such an awesome Elder. It's so much fun to see pictures and to read about what he is doing. Elders are the best!!!!!!

What are those little spikes for the shoes called? I think I will need to get some or I will be falling in Utah.

txmommy said...

love the tree, it's starting to get cool here too.

Love the picture of your Elder :)

Sheri said...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday as I was enjoying the fall colors turning... it goes way to fast!! I am happy your Elder is doing so well - he was well prepared!!

Cherie said...

Love the picture and story about your handsome missionary son! I can see he has a tender heart:)

I cannot believe you guys already have colorful trees that are dropping leaves - Wow!! Enjoy it while you can.

utmommy said...

The tree was beautiful. I'm okay with fall, but not winter. Why does it have to come so fast?

Nancy Face said...

Where did those beautiful leaves go? Our leaves don't fall until January...FOOLISH!

What a happy picture of Elder Rob!

Valerie said...

There is a definite nip in the air! I can't believe your tree is bare already! Not too many leaves to clean up, though. Right?

Cute picture of Elder R!

Heffalump said...

Wow it really is fall there! Here the leaves are just barely starting to change, but we are getting a lot of rain.
I like the kitten pic! Shows that your Elder is a softie!