Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gratitude for Beautiful Weather


I know it's all going to change, so I knew I better do a post about the weather early. I cannot remember a Fall quite like this one. It has been FABULOUS.

I love living where we have 4 definite seasons. We all laugh about our summers here because they don't last very long, but frankly I can do without the mosquitoes, so the cooler Fall weather is fine to me. And this Fall WOW. When I wrote to Elder Robison yesterday I was telling him how our temperatures were warmer than his ; ) Each morning I get up I grab my iPod and check the weather in the cities where all of my children live--Idaho; Texas; California; Nevada; Indiana; and Utah. Yesterday our high was about 75--yes, 75. I couldn't believe it. By the end of the month it will be about 30 degrees cooler ; )

I know what's coming. Winters here are cold, and I mean cold. I laugh whenever I see this pic--the year Neal brought Macy to Winnipeg so we could meet her, and we all went to ride the little train. It was cold, but she was such a trooper. (That's when we knew we loved her ; )My goodness, look at my little Elder--he looks so tiny.

I guess, by the time I finish these gratitude posts in the middle of November we'll be facing fairly cool temps. That's when I'll have to remember this post and the beautiful year it has been.

7 comments:

Neal said...

"That's when I'll have to remember these posts...." See - what a great reason to write them!

I remember that trip - it was so cold that my tears were freezing ; )

Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful post!
Love the tree.
Still looking for that Elder!

ShEiLa said...

I am jealous of your four defined seasons... and thank you so much for sharing your fall colors with me.

ToOdLeS.

Heffalump said...

I love the fall too.

Cherie said...

I am totally with you Yvonne!
Fall and winter I love!!!! Short summers I love. Maybe I should be your new next door neighbor :-D

Natalie said...

I love Fall too. That tree is beautiful.


I love Fall too. That tree is beautiful.

You have a great way with words and I love your gratitude posts.

Which city is that handsome Elder Robinson in? One of our sons lives in Boise.

Valerie said...

This has been an amazing fall! I'm still amazed we haven't had the first snow... which always happens before Halloween. I guess there's time yet! :)