Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gratitude for Electronics

Because I live far away from my family, I can't tell you how grateful I am for technology. I used to think I would love to be Laura Ingalls and have lived on that Little House on the Prairie--okay, let's be real, I wouldn't be Laura, I'd be Nellie ; )

But, back to my original thought--these are some of the electronics that I'm grateful for. Now I may not have all of these categorized exactly right, but...

E-Mails: I love that I get my e-mails each week from my little Elder. A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to my Bishop who served his mission in the Dominican and he said, his correspondence with his family was via FAX. I love that Allan and I send our e-mails and Elder Rob gets on the computer and immediately answers.

I also love that I can get pictures via e-mail. The other day my DIL Daph sent me this one of baby Georgia.

As well, it's great to keep in touch with all of our family and friends via e-mails. It's sure better than snail mail.

Telephone/Cell phones: I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to talk on the phone with my kids/grandkids. I don't know if they really know how much I miss talking to them, and I love when they call. I still don't know what we did without cell phones ; ) When Allan is out of town, it's great that we can talk each day--it makes it a whole lot easier.

Social networking: I love being able to be FB friends with my kids and grandkids who are on the computer. One of my sisters and a couple of nieces and nephews are also on and it is so fun. I have also been able to connect with friends. As well, I'm so grateful for my blogging friends. I have had the opportunity to meet many of them. I appreciate so much the comments that are made on my blog, and I love reading blogs. So many just make me laugh. I enjoy reading your experiences. Thank you for sharing.

The Church Website: And isn't it amazing that within a few hours our Conference messages were on the Church's website!!!! I was able to use many of the quotes in my Sunday School lesson the other day--I take pretty good notes, but not good enough to quote them verbatim.

It truly is A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE.

Sidenote: It is so incredible to watch these miners being brought up after being trapped for 69 days. It is so touching.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Good morning :) Yes... technology is awesome! We are the only ones in our family that moved away from Idaho and we're VERY thankful for all the ways we are able to communicate with them!

Lana said...

She is a cutie!

I am grateful for technology too!

Valerie said...

Electronics have been a wonderful way of communicating with friends and loved ones. I am grateful that I can meet all my school classmates on FB, so now I don't have to go to my reunion!! HA!!

Do you Skype? That's another great way to watch the grandkids grow!

Heffalump said...

It is good to feel like friends and family are only a click away. It makes the world feel smaller!

ShEiLa said...

Technology is such a blessing. Especially when communicating with family and friends. Do you Skype??? Just curious. My friend Barbara and her hubby are in Armenia and they use Skype to stay in touch with their family... esp. the grand-kids.

ToOdLeS.

ps. Georgia Capri is a doll!

Yvonne said...

Melissa: It is great, isn't it--no, not being away from family but being able to stay connected.

Lana: Thanks.

I know you are.

Valerie: Ha, ha.

We don't "skype" but we do iChat. I love it.

Heffalump: It definitely does make the world a whole lot smaller. And it's so funny--when Neal has called us when he's been in China it's like he's next door.

Sheila: We iChat--same thing, and it is wonderful. I know when I was in California and we were able to iChat with Allan so he could see the baby.

Thanks--I think Georia is a doll, too.

Yvonne said...

Oops, I meant Georgia.

brown paper packages said...

I am definitely grateful for technology! Without it, my contact with my family would be very limited.

and LOL about being Nellie. :) I always love Little House on the Prairie references, since it's one of my favorite things ever!

Nancy Face said...

Baby Georgia is so cute!