Friday, October 29, 2010

Gratitude for Great Examples

This will be short, but hopefully to the point.

Throughout my life I have been blessed to be surrounded by good people. I have been very careful to choose my friends very wisely--something I was warned about very clearly in my Patriarchal Blessing.

I have learned so much from my friends. I have been so amazed by their strength. Yesterday I talked to one of my best friend's who just recently lost a grandson. I was amazed by her strength as well as her son and daughter in law with the loss of this little one. I know it is their testimony of the Plan of Salvation which gives them them strength to get through something like this.

I appreciate friends who are honest and help me see things clearly.



4 comments:

Valerie said...

It is very important to surround ourselves with people who help us be better ourselves!
So sorry to hear your friend's lost their grandchild.

Sheri said...

Thankfully you are one of those friends! sorry to hear about your friend loss - that would be tough!

ShEiLa said...

It is always the worst to lose a child... or grandchild. Parents and Grandparents just shouldn't have to bury their kids. So sad.

Great Examples... I am grateful for them too and for you Yvonne.

ToOdLeS.

Connie said...

Beautiful! The more good examples we have, the stronger we can become! So sad about the loss of your friend's grandchild!

p.s. You're a good example to me!