Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gratitude for Temples


As mentioned in my post on our anniversary, twenty eight years ago Allan and I were married in the Oakland Temple. We were sealed together for time and eternity and at that time Stephen was sealed to us. It was an amazing experience.

In a recent talk at General Conference, Elder Gong talked about being sealed in different directions--something a dear friend of mine wrote after losing her brother. A few days before Elder Gong's talk she wrote: "I am so grateful to know he was sealed to his family in every direction. I know he is figuring out more of the plan as he is introduced to the spirit world and gets to work. I am so comforted right now to understand that this life is just one step of something much bigger. I know we can see him again. I know we are supported by a loving Heavenly Father who hears our prayers and loved by a Savior who understands our heartbreak."

I am truly grateful for the temples.

In a few weeks, we will have the opportunity to be in the Bountiful Temple when Heidi and Daniel are married for time and eternity. (I love that our granddaughter, Amanda, and her husband, Darren, were married in that temple, as well) I know it will be a wonderful day. It will be wonderful to be in the temple with some of our children--we will miss Elder Rob, but I had to laugh when in his last e-mail he wrote, "They should've thought about the Idaho Falls Temple, and maybe I could've dropped in ; ) Just kidding, I wouldn't do that."

A few other temples that hold special meaning for us:
It was a great day when Stephen and Daphne were sealed as a family.

Now this temple is one of my favorites. It is where my Allan's family was sealed and where Neal and Macy were married.

This is our temple. This is also where Brent received his endowment.

Just a few months ago, this is where Heidi and Kyle each were endowed.




7 comments:

Sheri said...

Me Too! You will love the Bountiful Temple -so beautiful - as they all are!! I too am thankful for that knowledge and the blessings!

Amber said...

I love the temples. They help us see so much more about this life than we could ever realize alone. Isn't it awesome that this month's Ensign was dedicated to temples???

Corrine said...

I love the temples! My kids loved seeing the Hawaii temple recently, they are such special places!

ShEiLa said...

Beautiful post Yvonne...
as always. I too am thankful for temples.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! How did I miss the post about Heidi and Daniel getting engaged? I am really out of it. Anyway, I am soooooooo excited for them and for you. Congratulations to the beautiful couple. It will be awesome to be married on the 24th of Nov. I can just imagine your feelings right now.

I too love temples. What a wonderful place to go and what indescribable joy for you that Heidi is getting married there.

If you could squeeze in any time, I would love to meet up with you. I am in Spanish Fork and Provo alternating between 2 daughters homes at the moment.

Let me know if you need anything at all while you're here.

Valerie said...

I love that our Visiting Teaching message is from the Temple issue of the Engisn. What a wonderful reminder of how blessed we are to have so many temples on the earth! It's easier and easier to partake of these blessings on a more regular basis!

Heffalump said...

When we retire someday I'd love to take a big road trip and visit as many North American temples as possible.