Monday, October 18, 2010

Gratitude for Weekends

It was a great weekend. Friday night we had our Stake Harvest Ball and Display of Talent. It was amazing--I'm so disappointed that I didn't take my camera. The people in charge had transformed the cultural hall into an art gallery. About 1/4 of the gym was decorated pillars and along one wall they had mounted art work and in the middle were different things like sculptures, quilts, jewelry, etc. I was amazed at all of the talent that was displayed. One of the older sisters had done a bronze sculpture that was absolutely incredible. I talked to another sister and told her how impressed I was with her paintings--she laughed and said, "Take an art class." I told her I could take tons of art classes and that would NEVER be the results. As one of my friends commented--my talent is appreciating.

On Saturday morning I went out and had a great run. It was nippy but still nice. I was still quite sore from my exercise class. (I don't know if I wrote about the Boot Camp I've signed up for--it's for women over 50. Don't let that fool ya--it's still quit hard. I was going to only take it one day a week, but after taking it, decided to try two days a week. My legs and rear-end were pretty sore.)

Heidi flew to Idaho to visit her recently returned missionary. She called me when she landed in Idaho and he picked her up. SHE SOUNDED GREAT. I had a chance to talk to him, too. He sounds wonderful--the mission was obviously good for him. They went to the temple. I talked to her again last night and they had a fabulous time together. Big plans are being made. More to follow.

Allan had lots of errands and then had to work on talks--he had a Ward Conference yesterday and next week is Stake Conference. But he's such a great guy--he helped me go out and deliver an assignment for someone in my Gospel Doctrine class--we had delivered the other assignments on Wednesday night. We ended up watching How To Train Your Dragon after dinner. (That movie is so cute)

Sunday was a great Sabbath. Heard some great talks on repentance, taught my class, and had a great RS lesson as well. It was a fairly quiet evening.

Weekends are GREAT.

Sidenote: I love Monday--can't wait to hear from my Elder. I'm looking forward to a picture CD soon.



7 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like you were fed and fed and fed.
I love Sundays too.
Still keeping my eyes peeled for that cute missionary?
Where is he now?
Is he still in my old stomping grounds? If so, I'll sic my mom on him. She makes some awesome chocolate chip cookies.

ShEiLa said...

I like weekends too. I used to like them more when my hubby didn't work every weekend.

ToOdLeS.

brown paper packages said...

Weekends are the best!!! Too bad they aren't a day or two longer. :)

Natalie said...

It's wonderful how you can find so many things to be grateful for. I too am always amazed at all the talents that people have.

Can't wait to hear about your exciting news.

Missions are the best. I'm glad your missionary is doing so well. I really miss being with our missionaries. Young Missionaries are the best too!

mindyluwho said...

I took advantage of a free boot camp day last week. I could hardly move the next day!

Nancy Face said...

I worked in the hair salon every other Saturday for quite a few years, and I quit for good this summer! I'M SO GLAD! Now every weekend is something to look forward to! :)

Heffalump said...

I love weekends too, especially when D is able to be around home. This weekend he will be on a campout with our oldest two boys, so I am a little worried that all of my really good helpers will be gone. I look forward to Sunday though, when we can all be together as a family.