Thursday, October 7, 2010

To My Beautiful Daughter

27 years ago in California, this little one joined our family.

I have written about her many times and have posted many pictures of her. This is one of my favorites of her with her big sister, Nancy. She loves Nancy so much.
I loved the different places Nancy would put Heidi. Like here.
Heidi is a school teacher and I thought it appropriate that I would post a picture of her first day of school--kindergarten.
This was her 5th birthday
There were lots of special days--the day she was baptized

And it felt like just a few years later she graduated from high school.

And then she graduated from BYU in 2008 and is currently working on her masters.

When Kyle was going to the temple to receive his endowment, she thought it was a great time for her to go, too. Such a wonderful day.

One of my favorite pictures of her with her dad.

Back in 2008 when we went to Hawaii to celebrate Grandma's 90th birthday, Heidi put her fear of sharks behind her. She and Brent went parasailing and then later we had a laugh when Neal had a little fun with the picture.

It was a special day when her brother, Brent, came home from his mission.

And then in May her brother, Kyle, left.

And one of my favorite picture of Heidi and two of her brothers--this pic was taken by Macy and I LOVE IT.

In July she flew out to Auburn. We were hoping the baby would be there, but she wasn't. But at least she got to see ME ; )

Many, many years ago when her brother Stephen got married, Heidi put on Daph's veil.

And then a few years ago she got together with her 2 sisters and they had fun with the groom, Neal.

Next week her little missionary will be home. (One of the best birthday presents she could have) We'll see what the future holds in store for them.

I LOVE YOU, MISS HEIDI. I HOPE YOU HAVE A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY.

Sidenote: I won the trivia contest at Diapers and Divinity. I'm so excited. I won President Monson's new book, "To the Rescue".

16 comments:

brown paper packages said...

She IS beautiful. Happy Birthday, Heidi!

ShEiLa said...

Congrats on the win!!!

Heidi is gorgeous! Lots of cute photos... I bet she is looking forward to that missionary of hers coming home. Happy Birthday Heidi!

ToOdLeS.

Lana said...

she is beautiful! It will be exciting to see what happens when her missionary comes home :)

Congrats on winning the book! Yeah!

Sheri said...

Love the tribute! happy Birthday Heidi!

Heffalump said...

Happy Birthday to Heidi!

mindyluwho said...

She is a beautiful girl!

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

That's awesome that Connie works at her school!! What a fun little connection!!

I hope Heidi had a wonderful birthday! She resembles you in so many ways!

Connie said...

I thought of that just a few minutes ago and was going to come and delete it. She really is a cutie!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful Heidi.
So much fun to have your missionary come home.
We are having a great homecoming.

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! I love that shark that was photoshopped into the picture! LOL! I'm sure it's exciting that her missionary will be home soon. :)

Neal said...

GREAT post! Love those pics...

Heidi said...

Thank you mom and everyone else for your comments! Mom you are THE BEST and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy much and am sooooooooooooooo blessed to have you as my mother and dearest friend:)Thank you for your love and support through all the years!!!!

Heidi said...

Oh--almost forgot---I AM BEYOND ECSTATICALLY GIDDY EXCITED FOR THE LOVE OF MY ETERNITY TO RETURN SO WE CAN MOVE FORWARD:)

Klin said...

Happy Birthday to Heidi!!!

You write the best tributes to your children Yvonne. I should hire you.

Cherie said...

Great post - She is a beautiful girl - Happy Birthday!
And I also love seeing the very young picture of you :-D