Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude for Laughter


I've said it before, and I will say it again--I think laughter truly is the best medicine. I'm grateful for those around who can make me laugh.

I'm grateful for a husband who has a fantastic sense of humor and can make me laugh at almost a moment's notice. I also have some pretty funny kids--wish I was writing this AFTER we were all together, because I'm pretty sure THERE WILL BE STORIES TO TELL.

When I was in California, my son decided to give B a haircut. He only shaved part and I was laughing so hard--had to take this pic.

This makes me laugh every time I see it--I don't think I have EVER slept THAT SOUNDLY ; ) I guess he was pretty tired.

Another fun shot of Neal--bag in 2000 he ended up having to have an appendectomy. We were in town because Stephen and Daphne were having Hannah blessed, so we drove up to the hospital to visit him. Couldn't not take the opportunity to play around--besides this shot of Allan fiddling with his IV, we have a shot of Neal's daughter Amanda "pulling the plug".

These kids love their dad--they really do not mind his bald head and were not rubbing his head in hopes that he would grow hair.

And I hope we get a few fun shots like this at Heidi's wedding.









And FINALLY, just in case you need a little idea for something special for someone who has everything for Christmas--HOW ABOUT THESE????





14 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Oh Yvonne your family has a knack for making people break out in laughter... love the photos and they tell the story even though I wasn't there. Hehehehehehe *Ü*

I too am grateful for laughter.

ToOdLeS.

ps. love those slippers! ;)

ShEiLa said...

Re: post below

I am guessing its on purpose... but for someone like me that can't help herself... the lack of ability to comment is driving me crazy.

Connie said...

Laughter and a sense of humor is the only way to get through life! Looks like you have lots of fun in your family!

Garden of Egan said...

Very darling pictures!
Such a great family. I would like to be a fly on the wall when you all get together.

Cherie said...

I love this post Yvonne! I love seeing all the great funny pictures from your family - good memories for you!!
The haircut made me laugh too!

Sheri said...

I love to laugh...ha, ha, ha, ha... loud and strong and free!! Or something like that!! Thanks for the smiles tonight!!

Natalie said...

I think your family is soooo much fun. I love to see how much you all enjoy yourselves.

We have a few people in our family who are so funny too. One of our sons-in-law makes us crack up all the time.

I am sooo glad that you blog Yvonne. It is fun to read about all of your adventures and about your family.

Nancy Face said...

That third picture down is TOTALLY ME...in the recliner trying to watch a movie and completely failing!

Nancy Face said...

About the post below with no commenting available...

Shortly after I started blogging in July of 2007 I foolishly posted something that unintentionally offended a family I knew in real life. I received many angry, hateful comments, mostly anonymous. I took down the post and very nearly deleted my blog entirely, but then I decided to be brave and continue. I apologized for my mistake, and although it was accepted, these people have never had anything to do with me again. It was a VERY valuable learning experience!

Whitney said...

Yvonne -- RE: your 'grateful for blogging' post, I am grateful too. I was trying to explain to a friend the other day what it was like to have this whole community on-line that overlaps with and extends our real-life community. It is quite wonderful!

And I am grateful for your support! Macy is lucky to have you as a mother-in-law!

Valerie said...

I am a naturally happy person...thankfully. Life would be bleak without being able to laugh, wouldn't it? (We tell our kids all the time how lucky they are to have such funny parents. I'm sure they'll believe us... some day!)

Melissa said...

Loving the pictures for this post! We need more silly crazy pictures of our family... after all, we are silly crazy people!

I wonder how hard those "slippers" are to make??

aubrey said...

i totally love all these pictures. how fun that you are a family that knows how to have fun!!

Super Happy Girl said...

The last picture (before the Fancy Slippers) is excellent! Love it :D