Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude For Roadside Assitance

This morning I went out to run errands. After about 3 stops, I was leaving someone's house and got in the car and turned the key and NOTHING. I assumed my battery was dead--called CAA. They said they would be there in the next 90 minutes. YIKES.

My friend came out and used her battery cables to give my van a jump. NOTHING.

So I waited--fortunately it was only a little over 30 mintues.

The guy hooked it all up and NOTHING.

He cleaned off the connections and tightened them and finally VOILA. IT STARTED. I was very happy.

So today I am very grateful we have roadside assistance and I was back home sooner than I expected and was able to get to my fitness class.

But, I need to remember on these cool, cool mornings to be sure and take my gloves and a jacket--it got a little cold.

BIG SIDENOTE: THE GIANTS WON THE WORLD SERIES. It was FANTASTIC. They played so well throughout the series. As I said on facebook, the only thing that would have made it better was to be watching the game with my dad. I still remember how excited he was in 1962 when they went to the World Series--especially because they beat the Dodgers to win the National League Pennant. Unfortunately they lost in 7 games to the New York Yankees. But it's all different today THEY ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS.

11 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

Glad you weren't stranded for too long!

Natalie said...

I love the Giants too. S.F. is what I consider my home town. I too remember going to see the Giants play with my Dad. Fun memories.

Heffalump said...

Glad you got the car trouble taken care of.
Yay GIANTS!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad that you didn't stay stranded for too long! And that it wasn't in the middle of winter!

ShEiLa said...

I was exciting for you when the Giants won last night.

I too am thankful for roadside assistance. I always watch out for women alone on the road. I know when you are all alone and your car has a problem... not fun at all. Since I have locked my keys in my car a few times over the years... I am thankful for locksmiths too.

ToOdLeS.

Heidi said...

I am glad you got help and did not freeze to death;)

That is exciting about the Giants--that is neat you have those memories with your dad---I can't wait to meet him and your mom some day and tell them how grateful I am for their amazing daughter that I love so much:)

Carrot Jello said...

I must admit, I do not give a hoot about sports.
But I am glad you had roadside assistance.

Jess said...

Wow I am so glad that it wasn't a typical cold day in Winnipeg and that you have roadside assistance. Blessings!!!

Connie said...

What a blessing to have someone help. It's such a helpless feeling to be stranded. Thank heavens for cell phones during times like that!

Nancy Face said...

I've never used roadside assistance yet...

Melissa said...

I'll admit... when Alan told me that the Giants had won the World Series, I had no idea that the Series was even going on and no clue who was playing in it! (I still can't remember the other team... :S)

I'm glad you got help quickly and that it wasn't a major problem!