Monday, November 22, 2010

IT'S WEDDING WEEK


I've been having a blast here in Utah--busy, but the great kind of busy. So much to do and so little time. I PROMISE I WILL GET OUT AND READ BLOGS, JUST MAY TAKE ME SOME TIME.

Let me tell you about a couple of fun things I did. On Tuesday I went with Heidi when she went for her final fitting of her dress--SHE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait to post pictures.

On Friday, she had a bridal shower at her school. It was so cute--the theme was fairy tales/castles. There was this cute picture of a castle with a fairy princess and she was saying, "Oy, it's been 2 years, Daniel. Let's get hitched already" It was so fun to meet the teachers that Heidi works with and to meet Connie. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of us together, but I will definitely remember to do that on Wednesday night.

I took this picture of her by the sign to her classroom. Last day she will be teaching as Miss Rob--when she returns she will be Mrs. F.

On Saturday, I ran errands and then there was another bridal shower. It was so much fun. This one was family and friends. Heidi's friend, Whitney, hosted the shower, along with my sister-in-law, Beverly. Whitney asked Heidi to tell us all about how she and Daniel met and it was cute to hear her tell the story. Well, Whitney had also asked Daniel and so she read what Daniel wrote, and it was so sweet. Every day that young man gets more into my heart. He is such a sweetie and he obviously loves my daughter so much. And, can any mom ask for anything more???

Then Whitney divided us into two teams and we had to create a bridal gown out of a tablecloth and tissue paper. These girls/women were so creative. Here are the two dresses:














































After the shower, my granddaughter, Kiah, and I drove out to pick up the dress. Then we met up with Heidi and the three of us got our nails done--something I haven't done IN YEARS. While we were there, Daniel arrived from Idaho. He brought Heidi's ring. He designed it and it is so beautiful. By the way, here is the picture from when he proposed a few weeks ago.
















Here is the ring:




























And then last night, some of the family arrived. It was so great to get to see my little grandson, G-man. He is such a cutie. It didn't take long and we were friends. We have so much in common: a love of Target and M&M's. It was so fun that Heidi got to finally introduce Daniel to her nephew, Chris. She and Chris have always been so close--they are HILARIOUS together. They are always razzing each other.I always love having time with Chris--he is my first grandson and he has grown into a fantastic young man. He has a beautiful wife, Heather--who is here, too, after just getting her wisdom teeth pulled on Friday ; ) Also, so glad Neal and Macy are here. Macy is the photographer for the wedding. I'm so grateful that even though she is due to have a baby the beginning of January, she has agreed to do this for Heidi. She will be doing Heidi's bridals today. That is going to be such fun to watch.

More errands to run today. Tomorrow afternoon my sweet hubby arrives and Allan's daughter, Nancy, and her grandson, Xander. I'm so excited to see them both--haven't seen them since Grandma's funeral. And later in the day Lindsay and Jason fly in and then Stephen and Daphne and their little guys will make the drive from California.

Wedding day on Wednesday--that morning Wendy will arrive and later that evening her hubby will fly in--hopefully in time for the reception. Sure wish Amanda and Darren could be here, but they will be missed. Also, Evan and Scarlett and Josh will not be here, but we will be thinking of all of them.

It's times like this I'm so grateful for digital cameras and memories--these are all going to just stay in my heart. On this Thanksgiving week (and Wedding Week ; ) I realize how much I have to be grateful for. It is so wonderful to be a mother and to watch your children's dreams come true.

20 comments:

Cherie said...

Your daughter is gorgeous!!
The bridal showers look and sound like they were so fun.
I love all the preparation and excitement that surrounds weddings :-D
I can't wait to see all the pictures you are going to post!!
Keep having a wonderful time with all of your sweet family.

ShEiLa said...

Such a fun and exciting time for the whole family... especially Heidi & Daniel.

Thanks for sharing all of the photos... I can't wait to see the rest... but I will have to.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

ps. Heidi YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! and will be a gorgeous bride.

Natalie said...

What a wonderful, special time. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. There is nothing better than being with family. And a WEDDING--that's the best.

Heidi is beautiful.

Have a terrific time.

Hugs.

Nancy Face said...

Oh, so much wonderful-ness! I love all the pictures!

Enjoy this special, beautiful time!

brown paper packages said...

This is SO exciting!! I can't wait to hear all about it, and see plenty of pictures.

Enjoy every minute!!!

Garden of Egan said...

That is going to be a very exciting and fun time with family this week. So exciting for all of you.

My thoughts and anticipation will be with you all.
I'm excited to see all the pictures!

Sheri said...

What fun! It is a cold and snowy week in Utah... I hope her wedding day cooperates and is beautiful!! Have a fabulous time together!!

Heffalump said...

How exciting! Have a great week with your family!

Klin said...

That's a lot to be thankful for. How exciting to be gaining another son. Have fun and enjoy the day. Congrats to you, your family, and of course the lovely couple.

Amber said...

I am so glad for you!! Don't worry about reading our words, focus on your beautiful daughter and her beau!

Connie said...

We'll pray that the weather will be good for the wedding and reception! I'm bringing my camera to the reception. We need a picture together!
Heidi is adorable. Can't wait to see her in her wedding gown, surrounded by family! What a wonderful week for you!

Abaker said...

Yay yay yay for wedding week!

Corrine said...

i love the ring, did you say they got engaged a few weks ago?? wow you were able to do so much. hope everything continues to go well.

Valerie said...

The ring is beautiful!! And so is your daughter! She looks absolutely radiant. Weddings are such a happy time for a family. Glad so many of yours could make it. I can't wait to see the pictures!

(Make sure you dress warm!)

utmommy said...

Love the wedding gowns. So cute and so much fun!!

Heidi looks so happy. I love the picture of her in the apron and crazy hat!

JustRandi said...

So wonderful! I love seeing the pictures!

Suzanne said...

Yay! How exciting! I can't wait to see more pics. ;)

mindyluwho said...

Her ring is beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures of her in her wedding dress. She is a beautiful girl with a beautiful mother!

Roxanne said...

YOur daughter Heidi looks soo happy