Monday, November 8, 2010

Simply Grateful

Let me begin by saying thank you for reading these posts. I know how busy everyone is, and the fact that you would take your time to read AND COMMENT means so much to me.

After doing this month of gratitude posts, I think I can say I really know that I have so much for which to be grateful. I have been richly blessed.

I truly do believe the words to the hymn "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings, name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

This has been a great exercise for me.

The next couple of weeks are going to get a little crazy, but it will be a good crazy--full of excitement. It is so fun to talk with Heidi on the phone--she is so excited. It will be wonderful to spend so much time with family--all of of our children, except for Elder Rob will be together. Almost all of our grandchildren will be there, too. In my e-mail from my little Elder today he mentioned that he and his companion went to a sealing last Friday. He had never been to a sealing and he said it was wonderful. But he also said it made him a little down because as he watched the family all gathered together he knew we would all be gathered together at the temple on the 24th.



11 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'll be so excited to hear about the wedding! :)

ShEiLa said...

It is an exciting time. I am glad that Heidi is so excited as she should be. I am sure her little brother will be missed as much as he misses you all.

I have enjoyed all of your posts.

Have fun and take time to breath during the craziness.

ToOdLeS.

Sheri said...

good luck! What a great time of year to be married!! Truly something to be grateful for!! If you need a meal.. I will deliver!! :)

Heffalump said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. I have been feeling bad that I haven't commented on every post. I know how much comments mean to you.

Amber said...

Yvonne-- reading your daily gratitude posts have put me in the right spirit. Sorry that I haven't been able to comment on every one, but know that I have read them all. You are amazing, thank you for being a great example to me.

Valerie said...

I'm grateful that you write your blog!! I enjoy reading your thoughts and your testimony!

Good luck with the wedding! Elder Rob will be there in spirit. My next door neighbors took a picture of their missionary's face, enlarged it, laminated it and then stuck it on a paint stirring stick. They carried it everywhere at a family function and it felt like he was with them! It was a lot of fun!

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

Most of the things you are grateful for have reminded me that I'm grateful for the same things, so it's been a good exercise for me too. Congrats on all the upcoming family fun.

Melissa said...

I'm playing catch up! I'm looking forward to reading your gratitude posts. It's something that I'm really trying to focus on this year... not getting caught up in the craziness and really paying attention to the things that truly matter!

Connie said...

I'm so excited to see you! Heidi's such a cutie.
It's bitter-sweet for Elder Robb, I'm sure.
Take care. Hope you get everything done you need to do.

I've loved reading your gratitude posts!

aurora said...

I am thankful to be reading your Thankful post! I am excited for your family excitement! xo

mindyluwho said...

I haven't commented on much lately, but I have read and I so appreciate you and your testimony! It strengthens mine.