Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Great Thanksgiving




Yes, I realize Thanksgiving was a week ago, but I'm still trying to get caught up at home.

It was so fun to be with the family for Thanksgiving. Really would love to do it every year, but that's not possible, so I tried to make the most of our time together. I hadn't seen Georgia Capri since July and she has changed so much.

On Thanksgiving morning, Allan and I walked to my SIL's house from our hotel (not very far)--I'm still working on my challenge and had to get in my 30 minutes of exercise. It was a little nippy that morning, but hey, I live in Winnipeg--WHAT'S A LITTLE COLD!!!!

Heidi and Daniel came over and opened wedding gifts. it was a lot of fun. This was one of the last gifts they opened. It just made me smile.

Then I decided to make a presentation to the past winners of our March Madness pool--I hadn't given out plaques since 2006. (We have been doing our pool for many years, but since 2000 have kept track and given out an award--maybe that's because I won the first year; ) It is a coveted award--believe me there are a couple of people in the room who are still trying to win one of these ; ) The most recent winner was our son-in-law, Tony

Chris was chatting with Amanda in Switzerland, so it was fun to get on and talk to her. She and Darren are having a great experience there.

We had a delicious meal--and I have to admit I didn't do a thing. Allan and my sisters-in-law, Bev and Gerry did all the work--along with Linda and Audrey. I ate, and ate, and played and played. Neal had worked very hard to put together "Minute to Win It". It was so fun. I wish I had pictures, but I was having too much fun playing. If you have a family gathering go to the "Minute to Win It" website and get some ideas. We did "Face the Cookie", "Stack Attack", "On the Nose", "Hanky Panky" and "Noodling Around". They were hilarious.

I'm working on a Christmas present for Elder Rob and am so mad at myself because I meant to take pictures of people so I could use them on the calendar, but I didn't pull my camera out as much as I should have ; (

Sidenote: In my last post, I had mentioned that some of Heidi's students had come to the wedding reception and how fun it was to watch them with her. I found this picture--I distorted the kids faces a little becae I don't have their permission to post the picture here.

Sidenote #2: My friend, Tauna has asked that we post a link to get people to vote for her friend, Debby. So here's the link to Debby's blog--but go vote for Debby here.


Sidenote #3: Went to see Harry Potter last night--really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one. Tonight we have our Nativity Pageant.



11 comments:

Nancy Face said...

What a fun post!

I love seeing Heidi and Daniel looking so very happy!

I didn't really cook for Thanksgiving either...I was just getting a bit better from a sinus infection, so I was VERY thankful that someone else hosted this year! I was glad to just do dish duty, haha!

Harry Potter was awesome...can't wait for the final one!

Lana said...

we played minute to win it at mutual one night and it was a blast!

What a wonderful thanksgiving :)

Connie said...

Having Thanksgiving dinner without having to do anything but eat and play is my idea of heaven!
It's good that Heidi had some of her class come to the reception. When we lived in Idaho, my son's 1st grade teacher got married. Her whole class and parents were invited to the wedding! My son refused to go because he didn't want to see them kiss!

You and your cute granddaughter match!
Have a great weekend!

Amber said...

You are back! Hooray! (Maybe?) Thanksgiving sounds like it was a blast.

Can I tell you a secret? I never cook Thanksgiving. I won't go NEAR a turkey. 'tis true.

Garden of Egan said...

Thanks for the game ideas! Minute to win it sounds like a riot!

Cute wedding couple. Love the smile she has on her face as she looks at some of her students!

I'm still hoping that someday I'll get to run into Elder Rob!

Thanks for linking to Debbie! I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Heffalump said...

All I had to make was mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving this year. Granted, I made 15 lbs of them, but it was still easier than having to do everything!

Valerie said...

What a wonderful holiday you had! Georgia is getting so big! Welcome back to Winnipeg and COLD!!!

Natalie said...

Great post.

Georgia Capri is beautiful. Loved seeing her sweet face and you two matching.

Thanksgiving sounds great and I love the picture of the new Mr. and Mrs. They look so happy.

Super Happy Girl said...

I love babies with big flower headbands :)

ShEiLa said...

Heidi and Daniel make such a cute couple. *Ü*

I love the photo of gathering around the laptop. The holiday season is so fun and I love the spirit of the season.

I love your blouse... it intrigues me. It looks like it is a square neck and I love square necks... only have one though.

ToOdLeS.

Heidi said...

Yes---that was an AWESOME Thanksgiving and I was soooooooooo happy we were all there together (of course missed Elder Rob!). I sure love our family and the great time we have together---and especially grateful to have my amazing hubby in the fam too;)