It has taken me almost a week to come up with my word for this year. I've thought a lot about different words--Listen, Reflect, Relax, Ponder, Seek and I've finally decided on RECOGNIZE I think all those other things will be involved, but I need to ultimately recognize. What do I hope to recognize:
- Obviously, the Spirit--recognize it, and then "go and do" (as Nephi wrote in 1 Nephi 3:7)
- The hand of the Lord in my life--look and recognize things that perhaps I easily overlook. As part of this, I want to follow the counsel of Elder Eyring in Conference 2007 about writing every day and "Before I would write, I would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” I know that as I seek to recognize I will see His hand.
- Right along with recognizing the hand of the Lord in my life, would be to recognize how blessed I am. That may sound a little redundant, but I guess I mean to really recognize the things I take for granted. And I really want to recognize those blessings each and every day.
- The good in others--recognize their goodness. I have noticed that I am not always looking for the good, but rather focusing on the negative. I know this is something I need to do.
- Things I can do to be of service to those around me. I have mentioned before that I have become a bit of a hermit. I need to get out recognize needs and then get busy and serve.