Friday, January 28, 2011

Texas Update

I've been having a great time in Texas. I have been having breakfast picnics















(now don't laugh, don't you have M&M pajamas ; )













I've had some great meals at some interesting places--like Chuy's where they have a cool ceiling;


Rudy's--which has the most delicious barbeque. The brisket was superb.














So glad Macy and Lauren were able to join us for lunch.














The Mighty Cone where I had this yummy creation--chicken and avocado which were deep fried with a cornflake/nut/chili crust and was served in a tortilla cone and had a delicious spicy sauce and sat in a bed of coleslaw. It was also served with an order of chili fries (no the fries were not covered with chili but were salted with sea salt and chili powder It was all so incredibly tasty.

After that "light" meal, we walked a couple of trailers away to Hey Cupcake where little G-Man enjoyed his cupcake (no one was going to capture a picture of me with my face in my carrot cake cupcake with oodles of cream cheese frosting


And then I went to the Big Top candy store where I found the solution to my trying to eat 5 or 7 servings of vegetables on my challenges I'm doing. If I have this kind of "fruit salad" how many servings would it equal???? BTW, I may be stopped at the border when I try bring my stash of candy across.


It will be great fun to take Allan to some of these places when we come back when Lauren is blessed in March.

But by far the BEST part of the trip--hanging out with these little ones.

14 comments:

Connie said...

Glad to know you're still eating your fruits and vegetables! What fun! You're an awesome grandma and mom!
Have fun!

Garden of Egan said...

It looks like you have had so much fun!
Yummy food! And best of all NOT having to cook it.

I think that big brother is in love...with his baby sister AND his grandma!

Sheri said...

Never tried the Mighty Cone.. but love the other two!! Sounds like you are having a fabulous time!! P.S I love your pj's and his!!

** Dre and Yoho ** said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time and who wouldn't with 2 cute little grandchildren!

I'm happy for you.

By the way, love the jammies.

Lana said...

you ate at some crazy places!! Texas is great :)

ShEiLa said...

I don't have any m&m jammies... but I am going to have to make me some. I love em!

I am glad you are enjoying yourself.

ToOdLeS.

Corrine said...

oh i am not jealous!! making me home sick, I love Austin and I love Chuys on one of those hubcaps sits eric and my little dot sticker from the day we got engaged. I hope you have had a blast, and congrats on the newest!! and enjoy texas a little more for me!

Heidi said...

Love the m&m jammies mom;)
That is cute that you have breakfast picnics with Garrett--you are the best grandma! I sure miss ya and love ya TONS!!!

Valerie said...

Ahhh... you're the best grandma in the world! What fun you're having with your family! Congratulations again on the beautiful new granddaughter!

Melissa said...

It looks like you are having such a great time!!! I love watching my parents hang out with my kids... there's nothing better than seeing them play games, read books and just laugh together!
And the food looks super tasty! I think I need one of those cones... with a fruit salad on the side...
BTW - I love your hair :)

Heffalump said...

Looks like a wonderful time!

Suzanne said...

Such great pics, Yvonne! You look like you're having so much fun with your kids and grandkids. That picture of the cupcake is the best! Miss you! <3

Deena said...

I'm jealous of that barbecue. I don't think I'll find any of that over here!

mindyluwho said...

I'm hungry after reading this post!

Look at that sweet baby!