Tuesday, February 8, 2011

As Time Goes By--CONTEST CLOSED

The other night I was flipping through stations and Oceans Eleven (the remake with George Clooney and Julia Roberts) was on. When I looked at the info on it I was so surprised to see that the movie was done back in 2001--ten years ago. Had it really been ten years.

I know I write a lot about this, but I feel time is just whizzing by and I really want it to slow down. I can only put a few pics here--impossible to put everything. Time may be going by, but we sure are doing our best to pack lots of great things in along the way because in the words of Aerosmith, "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing".

Whether it is months that are passing quickly

It's impossible to me that this little girl is changing so much and is going to be 7 months in a little over week

And can I just say, that little Drew is growing up, too. He's so excited because he just lost his first tooth ; )

Or years:

Celebrations of births, blessings, graduations, etc. Too many to mention all, but here are a few:In a few weeks we will be in California for Georgia's blessing--just 10 years ago we were there for her big sister, Hannah's.

And 5 years ago for her big brother, Drew's.

In 1992 we were in Cali for Chris's baptism. Such a special day for that wonderful young man. And our little Elder was just a baby watching his nephew who he'd grow up to love so very much..

And Jason's baptism a few years later.

When Chris graduated from high school, it was so fun to be there with a lot of the family.

I remember when we went to Amanda's high school graduation. I was shocked--a huge school with something like 900 students and they finished the graduation ceremony in 2 hours (same time it took for my kids grads here with about 150 students ; )

It was fun that so many could be there for Neal's grad from BYU in 2004.

As well through the years there have been great trips together:

Like Hawaii where this guy wanted to surf

Herrington's--notice how many pictures always include food ; )

Park City, where time was spent digging pebbles out of Josh's shoulder when he decided to try and break some kind of speed record coming down the mountain. (No this is Neal who really tried to show him how to do it ; )

And several family reunions:

Great trip to Disneyworld for Christmas 1992. We had a ball.

Lots of trips to the beach and Disneyland



Or decades

So hard for me to believe these two are 20 and 19

The trampoline has brought so many fun memories throughout the years.

And I had to laugh when I was with G-man in Texas and he wanted to do the "cheers" with his glass. I assumed his older brother or sister taught him that one ; )


This is one of my favorite pictures of Neal and me.

And is it possible that these two have been married 23 years in a couple of weeks--WOW.

Or nearly 3 decades

It's so hard for me to believe are all in their 40's. They have grown into such wonderful people. I'm so proud to be their mom/stepmom.

Or ages:



I'm so grateful for photos and videos. I think it's wonderful that with most cameras today you can either take a photo or a video. I still remember years and years ago when the first "movie cameras" came out and my brother-in-law shot a movie of my sister Carol. She stood there and so it shows her for about 30 seconds just fiddling with her bracelet ; )

I'd just encourage everyone to capture video more often, especially of those little ones. I'm so grateful I have Heidi talking about Malecefent (I'm trying to phoenetically type it so you can imagine how she said it) or that we have her talking about her MAAAJJJIC. Regret: That I don't have her eating the Burger Bundles at Burger King--CLASSIC. But I think it's burned in some of our heads and will never be forgotten.

Now, in honor of my sweet daughter-in-law and my grandson's efforts to make grandma feel better by taking a picture "grandma style", I'm having a giveaway. CONTEST CLOSED

For everyone who comments on this post has an opportunity to receive a copy of Macy's CD "Children Will Listen".

I will hold a drawing this Saturday, where I will put the names of everyone who comments into a hat and have my cute little assistant draw the name. Believe me he CAN be trusted.

And FINALLY your laugh for the day. Let me preface this with a little story. When I returned home from Texas it was COLD. Allan said he was looking for a trip to take me to Hawaii. I was tempted, but then I said something that brought a dumbfounded look to his face, "Don't you think we should save the money?" I know he was thinking, "Okay, who are you and what have you done with my wife."

And after this I was re-thinking my answer to him. Some of you may have seen this on facebook. But for those who haven't this was taken Monday morning when I was out for my run. YES, I AM CRAZY.

19 comments:

Sheri said...

Yvonne - you always make me smile!! You also remind me that we have not taken one video this entire year!! Shame on us! Good luck with your running - I hope it gets warmer!!

ShEiLa said...

I just noticed something... if one of the people in your family shots in the front may block someone in the back... just bend your knees and everyone's little face shows in the photo! That is perfect... how thoughtful.

I think you have an awesome family! What a blessing they all are.

Yes, Yvonne you are crazy... running in extreme cold with ice on your hair... you go girl. You will never cease to amaze me.

ToOdLeS.

Chantel said...

Time does seem to go so fast. In just over a week my youngest will be 2. It is hard to believe that my oldest is losing his teeth now and my middle child is getting ready to start kindergarten. It is freezing here as well and I hope it doesn't last long.

Heffalump said...

We need to be better about taking video here. We are pretty good about pics, but not so much videos.

Doran & Jody said...

Yes! Time does FLY by.
Will you come dig in my box of pictures and get some posted?

videos? I have never owned a video camera but we have taken them with our picturetakin' camera. Not very long videos this way but hey...

That looks like a crazy fun run. Wish I was there to enjoy it with you!

Klin said...

I think your hair has frostbite!!! That looks so cold!

I love your pictures and your little trips down memory lane. I love that you take us along. I am trying to be like you when I grow up. I want to take lots of pictures, I just need to remember to pull out the camera.

Cherie said...

Yvonne I always love coming to your blog - You are just simply...GREAT!!
I really loved this photo's tour of your family through the years. Beautiful and fun and happy - You are so blessed. But I know you deserve it all because you are such a wonderful mother and a great example to me.
I especially love the really young picture of you with long hair!!
The last picture is just a crack up - I believe in being crazy it keeps us young!!!

Garden of Egan said...

Wow! That was a trip down memory lane!
Beautiful pictures.
Such great advice.
There were so many times I didn't take pictures because film was so expensive.
In fact I do believe I still have some rolls undeveloped in my drawer!
There is no excuse now.
It's awesome.

I think you should have let Allan take you to Hawaii! I'm sure a beach would be a little warmer to run in than Canada!

Connie said...

I guess I should join FB! You ran in that weather! You're either crazy or absolutely amazing! I think it's the latter!
I agree about the time going so quickly. We got a sound movie camera just before the twins were born. It cost a FORTUNE to develop the film but we took so many movies and I'm glad we did.
I'd love to win Macy's CD. If I don't win, I'll need to buy it.

Have a wonderful day!

Heidi said...

Dang mom--you are CRAZY to run out in the cold;p But, of course you are always AMAZING and so dedicated--you truly inspire me and all those around you!!! Such great memories--thank you for capturing them (as much as I dread the pictures, they are good to have to remember;p). How blessed we are to have such an amazing and loving mother!

Natalie said...

Love your musings and the pictures. You aways express your sentiments so well. Maybe you should write a book. Think about it.

I can certainly relate to the time passing quickly issue. Where do the years go so fast?

You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

I LOVE LOVE that running picture of you! You can bet I'll be thinking of you when I'm out for my run this afternoon. And even though it's cold here, I'm pretty sure it's not nearly as cold as there.

carolyne b said...

On a side note are you going to Calgary when Macy is there for Time Out. I am and wanted to know if you want to fly out together..... I will be staying with the Orr's and would love the company on the flight out.
Oh yeah and I'd love to get a pre-copy of Macy's work. Just saying......

Melissa said...

That picture STILL gets to me! Where is my jacket? ;)

You have such a fantastic family! I love that you have gotten together SO MUCH and at so many great places over the years!
And I'd LOVE to win a copy of the cd :D

Valerie said...

This was a fun post! You sure do have a fun family... always doing fun things. Maybe your family motto is "Making Memories" too! :)

Randi said...

I'm a picture fan rather than the videos. I never like the sound of my own voice. ick.

And hey, with the $ you save on the trip, maybe you could get a treadmill?

Neal said...

LOVE this post. I don't even know how you picked those pics from the thousands you have ; ) I am NOT eligible for the drawing....I know that...I have an "in" with the artist ; )

Nancy Face said...

So many happy pictures! Yay!

Super Happy Girl said...

ITA with Sheri, your posts are so fun and homey, I love looking at your pictures, I am glad I know you so I don't feel like a creepy stalker.

Question: Do you use a regular scanner to get all this pictures online (not the digital ones obviously)? Because that's a lot of scanning.