Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thanks to My Sweet Daughter


I received the most amazing birthday present in the mail on Monday. It was the sweetest little book from my family. All of them contributed (even my little Elder) and Heidi put it together. As you can see, it is entitled "60 Things We Love About Yvonne". Heidi has never made one of these books before and I have to say--SHE DID A FABULOUS JOB.

The sweet things that were said really did touch my heart. I felt so very loved. I know Heidi felt bad that I didn't get it sooner--but it didn't matter to me. I'm just so very happy to have it now. It was the PERFECT gift. It was a reminder that things that I had done did matter. So often it's easy to think your children aren't listening or noticing, this helped me realize they were and they did.

I also have to give a shout out to Neal who has done such a great job of keeping track of family photos. It was a reminder to me of how important it is to always pull the camera out. I may not be the best photographer in the world, my photos will not be on walls, but they certainly have captured special times and that's what is important to me. I love that there were pictures of me with most of the the kids/grandkids--Unfortunately there are a couple where this is no picture with me (or maybe my eyes were closed and so Neal didn't use those ; ) I have to make it a point when we're all together next time to get a picture of me with each of them.

Sidenote #1: Remember to enter my giveaway to receive a copy of Macy's CD. I have to tell you I can't wait to get mine. If you didn't comment on my last post--here's the link.

Sidenote #2: My e-mail this week from Elder Rob was late. Allan received his Monday afternoon and forwarded it to me. In it Elder Rob mentioned something he had written in his e-mail to me. I waited and waited and NOTHING. Then yesterday morning I checked my mail and there it was 2 days late--where in the world was it???? I think there may even be another e-mail because he began this one saying, "Alright, round 2"


9 comments:

Sheri said...

Books are the best gift ever!! That is why I am still a consultant with Heritage makers - I just can't let it go!! I am sure you will cherish it always!

Valerie said...

I made a book for my dad for Christmas. He hadn't even opened it and was bawling. What a wonderful time to be alive that we can create such wonderful memories for those we love!

I love the authors of your book... "The family that adores you." I think that says it all!!!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

What an amazing, THOUGHTFUL gift!

Love it!

Heffalump said...

That's a wonderful gift!

Connie said...

Getting something like that makes it all worthwhile. You have a wonderful family because you're such a wonderful person!

ShEiLa said...

What a thoughtful gift. Heidi must take after her Mom... and with everybody taking part I guess she is not alone.

ToOdLeS.

Heidi said...

I am soooooooooooooo glad you like it mom!!! You DESERVE THE BEST! I wish I could give you more cuz you are the best and give everything to everyone else! I want you to ALWAYS remember and know how much we ALL LOVE AND ADORE YOU AND APPRECIATE ALL YOU DO and you deserve soooooooo much more thanks!!! I sure LOVE LOVE LOVE ya and am soooooooooooo very grateful for you! Thanks for the amazing woman you are!!!!

Nancy Face said...

What a wonderful, priceless gift! And it's great that it came later...it just made your birthday celebration go on a bit longer! :)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

What an awesome gift! Something to cherish.