Thursday, March 10, 2011

Counting Down the Days


This time of year I get very excited because MARCH MADNESS is just around the corner. In less than a week the teams will be announced. I have already started getting myself all psyched up and have been watching College Basketball. I also read the stuff I see on-line about the different teams because I'm always HOPING it will give me an edge when I go to make my selections. (It rarely does, but I always feel a little more prepared)

I have been watching college basketball for years. In fact, I can remember having the C's over years and years ago (1981) to watch BYU play in one of the games when Danny Ainge was on the team--I think they were playing Notre Dame (This was before Allan and I got married and Stephen was a young boy) And now this year BYU may go beyond the first couple of rounds--HOW FUN WILL THAT BE ; ) So glad they won that game today--let's go COUGARS.

The whole process always culminates with a gathering here at our house on the first Monday in April when the Championship game is played. Through the years many of the kids who used to come to the party have grown up, gotten married and moved away. (And I know I will really miss Darell this year--he has been to most of the parties)

It was fun a few years ago to go to Tom and Julie's home and watch an game with them--especially to see this little girl in her Gopher outfit ; )

Allan was Tom's YM's leader. He is an amazing young man and love him and his family. We have only been around Julie a couple of times and we can see why Tom fell in love with her.

That year we went to Tom and Julie's Allan and I got to go to a couple of first round games and had a blast. I know that one day I will get to a Championship Game--of course, I'll have to REALLY save for it. Those tickets are a little pricey ; ) For now, I'll just have to settle for watching the game and hopefully watching whoever I have picked to go to that Championship game playing in it ; )

Not sure who I will pick to go all the way this year, but who knows MAYBE THIS IS MY YEAR ; )

11 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Go BLUE!!

gigi said...

March madness means a lot less sleep areound here too. Fun good times. May the best team win!!

Klin said...

GO COUGARS!!!!!

ShEiLa said...

I should have remembered how much you LOVE March Madness... fun.fun.fun!

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

So glad you're having fun. The little baby is adorable.

Garden of Egan said...

I'm supposed to pick a team and have no clue who is even playing.
Not much of a sports fan........don't judge.

Valerie said...

I know you love your college basketball...

Am I terrible that I didn't even know who Jimmer was or that his name was Jimmer and not Jimmy?

Enjoy watching your games!! Maybe this will be your year to go all the way!!!

Sheri said...

I love it!! You are truly a lady after my own heart! Although my March Madness is centered around the Cougars!! fingers crossed for a good seed and a win tonight would make me feel much better!!

Melissa said...

I'm trying to remember...I think I may have won our family contest last year... I think... as you can see, it was a big deal for me ;)

Have fun!!!

Connie said...

There's something about watching basketball! I love it! Tonight's the BYU game. Go Cougars!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

WAHOO!! I love me some March Madness! Go State. :)