Thursday, March 24, 2011

One Year Ago Today


It is so hard for me to believe that one year ago today my little Elder opened his mission call. I'm so grateful that he was able to enter the mission field so quickly. Like I've mentioned before, some of our missionaries heading to the U.S. have to wait for months to get a visa. (BTW, the missionary who is staying at our house has received his Visa and will be heading for the MTC on April 13th.) Elder Rob received his call on March 24th and entered the MTC on May 26th.

I really do miss him. I don't like to dwell on it. I had to laugh the other day when I came across this picture.






















With his hair combed back and a newspaper in his hands, he reminded me so much of Allan's dad ; ) He always had a newspaper in his hand.





















He will be celebrating his 20th birthday in a little less than a month. It is so incredible to think that he has been in Idaho for 10 months. He is LOVING IT.

Just a few pictures:

This was one from the MTC--I guess being trained about the importance of "no female contact" ; )

And when you see those pics from the MTC, you realize right away, HE'S GOING TO BE JUST FINE ; )

He sure loved his MTC companion.

And, then there was this one from the MTC

And this one taken just a few weeks ago ; )

I gasped when I saw this cleaning schedule--I thought, "He actually VACUUMS 3 TIMES A WEEK???" (And I guess if you count the "deep cleaning" it would be 4 times a week ; ) Turns out it was a joke.

I love this picture because this was a baptism that took place on New Years Day. Elder Rob had served in this area and was able to go back to attend her baptism. She was adopted into a very active family--he was so excited for her. She looks so happy.

Just a little bit of snow. I'm sure the snow has made him feel right at home ; )

I was worried that perhaps I had already posted this picture and then thought--hey, if I can't remember, no one else will ; ) Goodness, I love missionaries. I love that they work hard and yet can still have fun.

And I should add we are loving having the missionaries in our home. It has been so great. Elder H got his Visa and will be heading for the MTC and then on to Missouri on Elder Rob's birthday ; ) We thought this would mean our days of having the missionaries was over for now, But I guess we are getting a new missionary from Alberta who is waiting for his Visa to go to Japan. Elder W will have completed two years and will be heading back to Wales the end of April. We'll see what happens then.

Sidenote: Hoping BYU pulls off a miracle today ; ) Had to laugh because our little Elder said that if BYU made it to the Final Four, "Water would stream down my cheeks".



8 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the missionary pictures. Made me smile and laugh to see their poses. The Elders are so awesome. They work so hard but they sure like to goof around and have fun too. The time sure does pass by too fast.

Our missionaries always made a big deal out of not even touching the opposite sex. When one of them had his picture taken with the office sister, he put a piece of paper in between their shoulder/arm for the photo. LOL

Waiting for June. :)

Heffalump said...

Wow the time flies! It doesn't seem like a year since he got his call yet.
Love the pics!

Sheri said...

I love seeing the pictures!! It seems like all the mission pictures are the same ones from back when we were missionaries!! This last year will fly for him and probably seem double for you!! He is a cutie!

Doran & Jody said...

Wow! I can't believe it has already been a year.

He looks like he is having a fabulous time on his mission.

We drove up to Idaho last weekend and we thought to look him up but it was the wrong town.

Melissa said...

Love the pictures! They totally made me smile :) Except for the snow picture... that one just made me shudder ;)

Connie said...

Those missionary pictures are so fun! It's hard to believe it's been a year already!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

A year already? Wow.

Love all the pictures--he looks like such a happy guy, his smile is infectious!

ShEiLa said...

Wow! was it really a year ago...? already?? I have been loving my trip. Thanks for sharing all the photos of your Elder Miss Yvonne.

ToOdLeS.